Disney discount for 8/3 - 9/27

Disney has offered a discount for trips between 8/3 and 9/27 if you book by 7/27. There is limited availability so not all resorts might be available. They are calling this the summer getaway.

I called and could not apply this discount because of the free dining, but if you booked before the free dining, call and see if you can get the % off.

Is there a code or anything?

this was posted on another board and I just called Disney. I think the CM’s know what to do, at least the one I talked with knew about it.

I figured you could not add another discount, but it was worth a call. For those going in August, this could be a good savings.

This was on the passholder site:

Passholder End-of-Summer Special Offer at select Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels

Don’t let these Walt Disney World® Resort hotel special offer pass you by! Choose a deal on a room that’s just right for a late summer getaway.

Book now for great end-of-summer rates at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels!

Select Disney Value Resorts —

$64 per night, plus tax* in a standard room
  Available for stays most nights August 9-26 and September 1-15 and 22-27, 2008.
  That's a savings of $18 per night!

Select Disney Moderate Resorts —

$99 per night, plus tax* in a standard room
  Available for stays most nights August 3 – September 27, 2008.
  That's a savings of $50 per night!

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts —

$169 per night, plus tax*, in a studio at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa  and Disney's Old Key West Resort.
  Available for stays most nights August 3 – September 27, 2008.

The code for this promotion is DDI

I used it and got Beach Club resort (I’m still so thrilled about it!) and know someone else who got Boardwalk resort. So while it’s not advertised for the deluxe resorts you still can get them.

Also some people on other boards were commenting they got better deals with this promotion than with the free dining (i.e. better rate/room including DDP with this promotion than what they had with the free DDP). Dunno if it’s true or not but you can check it out online or call to price-check and see if it worked for you.

DDI is the code.

We tried for the discount but we would have to stay in Riverside. The family decided to pass on the discount to stay in french quarter.

I read about this on Mouseplanet. Too soon for us to go back, but I hope others can take advantage of it.

Is this a passholder only discount??

No, I just checked on the Disney website and it was for everyone.

This is the price for non AP holders…a few dollars difference

Book by July 27, 2008 for great end-of-summer rates at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels.

Select Disney Value Resorts —
$69 per night, plus tax* in a standard room
Available for stays most nights August 9-26
and September 1-15 and 22-27, 2008
That’s a savings of $13 per night!

Select Disney Moderate Resorts —
$109 per night, plus tax* in a standard room
Available for stays most nights
August 3 – September 27, 2008
That’s a savings of $40 per night!

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts —
$179 per night, plus tax*, in a studio at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Disney’s Old Key West Resort.
Available for stays most nights August 3 September 27, 2008.

It’s more than a few dollars…I went from WL to Beach Club for an additional $7.80 per night. The per night difference between the two resorts would normally be about $100. So I saved $92.20 a night or $737.60 overall, and am able to stay at a place I wouldn’t normally be able to afford.

I was able to apply this to our room only rate for our first night (8/23) before our free DDP kicks in on 8/24. It saved us $46 per room at AKL and we already had a discounted AAA rate so it is a good savings!

Thanks to Keith at Mouseketrips for getting the discount for us!

Sorry…I meant a few dollars difference AP vs non AP

AP had value at $64 and non at $69
AP Mod $99/non $109
AP Villas $169/non $179

Man I gotta book my BACK TO SCHOOL trip in August . . .those rates are too good. Last year they were $49/night, but this is still a good rate! :happy: