Disney Dollars?

Okay, what’s the deal with Disney dollars? Where do you get them, how do you order them? They are selling for more than $1 each on Ebay. Wha??? I just wanted some for a gift…help!:huh:

Santa brings them for our kids as stocking stuffers and the Easter Bunny brings them in their easter baskets. It is a fun way for kids to have some spending money for our Spring trips.

I’ve heard you can purchase them online, at any Disney Store, or at the park resorts guest services. Different currencies have different characters and I would imagine the ones on Ebay are probably discontinued dollars for collectors?

There’s a deal - spend a $1.25 for a $1.00 bill.

No, like $3.00 for a 2009 $1 bill. do people really do that?

Oh, so I can add them to my Disneystore order I am brewing up? Really? Are they listed somewhere on the site? (I’m just asking, I have a line in to Santa, but, you know, it takes him awhile to call back!:laugh::laugh:)

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;986863]No, like $3.00 for a 2009 $1 bill. do people really do that?

Oh, so I can add them to my Disneystore order I am brewing up? Really? Are they listed somewhere on the site? (I’m just asking, I have a line in to Santa, but, you know, it takes him awhile to call back!:laugh::laugh:)[/QUOTE]

sorry, can’t buy them on-line from a Disney store. That may be why some may be availabe at higher rates since many don’t have a store in there area. They closed ours several years ago and the closest one is over 3 hr away. I still wouldn’t pay that price though. We’ll wait till we get to the park. link:
DisneyDollars.net: Online and Instore

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;986863]No, like $3.00 for a 2009 $1 bill. do people really do that?

Oh, so I can add them to my Disneystore order I am brewing up? Really? Are they listed somewhere on the site? (I’m just asking, I have a line in to Santa, but, you know, it takes him awhile to call back!:laugh::laugh:)[/QUOTE]

Wow, I’ve never paid an increased price for any Disney Dollars. According to Mickeybug you can’t get them online, I thought I had heard one time that you could. We buy ours at the Resort before we leave to stock up for Christmas/Easter. Our closest Disney store is over an hour away, but whenever we stop by I stock up. The Disney Store online sells gift cards that you can order. Otherwise you could have the kids save up their own money and take it to Guest Services when they arrive to change for Disney Dollars. For a long time our kids thought Disney would only accept Disney Dollars. Plus it works as a cheap and cute keepsake.

Okay, cool. I am not crazy about the local store, but I usually go there to get us shirts before we go…I should have assumed you could buy them at the resort.

When you use them, do you get regular money for change?

Do they still have them? Last year at Christmas they didn’t have them at our Disney store, but the gift cards work too and are much easier to deal with in my opinion

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;986907]Okay, cool. I am not crazy about the local store, but I usually go there to get us shirts before we go…I should have assumed you could buy them at the resort.

When you use them, do you get regular money for change?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you get regular money for change.

We bought some just this past July at our Disney Store. Maybe your store was just out of them?

I agree with Dawn - the gift cards are great and they have 5-6 different styles and you can put any amount on them. In addition after you spend the amount on the card you can keep it as a souvenier. With the disney dollars (that I believe are new or USED) once you spend them they are gone.:crying: