Disney Dollars

Our Disney store says they are and have been out of Disney Dollars (they said they have not had them for 3 weeks) and doesn’t know when they will get more in. I cannot seem to find them at the Disney Store online! Any other ideas? I was hoping to purchase them before we go rather than when we are down there!

I know our store has not had them for quite a while. We always resort to getting gift cards (but they are not as fun). The CM at our local store said she thought they may be doing away with them all together:ohmy:

My store just got some in. I get the Disney gift card in place of the Disney dollars when need to. I actually like the gift card better. Less space it takes up in my wallet.

We got a bunch a couple of weeks ago from our store…maybe check any other stores around, or keep calling to check. I was surprised they had a ton of them. Online does not sell them, I asked. Gift cards only.

We only have one Disney Store In CT now! When I was up there last week and we couldn’t get the dollars I got each a gift card, but they (my girls) like to see the Dollars. Plus, they (disney Store) said they only had one kind of gift card, and that just further complicates the situation. Online they show two different cards! Uggg!

When I was at WDW in July, they had 4 different gift cards. They also had celebration gift cards at WoD that included a pin. I used to get my nephews the Disney Dollars but now purchase the gift cards because they become souveniers once used.

Disney Dollars are harder and harder to get. They are pusing their gift cards now. I use to love to buy them and put them away for my trips, but have been very unsucessful with that.

I’ve had the same (rotten) luck with trying to get Disney Dollars over the last few years. They are definitely trying to get people to buy the gift cards instead, which I find frustrating. I understand wanting to see the actual dollars; they are really exciting and fun to stash away!

The one time over the last few years when I was able to buy them at our Disney Store, all they had was 5’s and 1’s. The lady didn’t seem to happy when I said I wanted $200 worth! :dry: :laugh:

I was just thinking perhaps they are pushing the GC’s because you cant get cash change when you break a bill. I bet thats what they are thinking of

Call The World OF Disney in NY thay have some
(212) 702-0702

NokeyNose, maybe you have a family member or friend in another state that lives near a different Disney store, if they have them you can PayPal that person & they can send them to you?

I’ve never been able to get then either.

People on Ebay are selling the DD for a premium! Who would pay $2-4.00 for something that is only worth $1.00???

someone who’s collecting discontinued or elite items. Some of the pics on the $ have gone out of Disney Dollar circulation and are much harder to come by.

Now that you mention it Wish, there is a MB “Fairy” that has offered to do just that! I tell ya, this family here, is wonderful! Some people just do things that warm your heart!!!

I got someone to get me the Pirates of the Carribbean series a few years ago. I also have my original 1986 Disney Dollar and my DD wants to take it out of my scrapbook every year to spend…>LOL

I just called the Disney ticket upgrades number and they had an option (#3 or #4 I think) to purchase Disney Dollars.
The number is 407-566-4985
Hope this helps someone! :slight_smile:

Is it safe to assume this was at the Deptford Mall? I am probably heading there today after I hit TD bank! lol

[QUOTE=dznygrl;990700]I’ve had the same (rotten) luck with trying to get Disney Dollars over the last few years. They are definitely trying to get people to buy the gift cards instead, which I find frustrating. I understand wanting to see the actual dollars; they are really exciting and fun to stash away!

The one time over the last few years when I was able to buy them at our Disney Store, all they had was 5’s and 1’s. The lady didn’t seem to happy when I said I wanted $200 worth! :dry: :laugh:[/QUOTE]

HAHA! :laugh:
I have a disney store right beside my work to which i go to everyday :pinch: I dont know if they have them…but I can check.

MY Disney store was out of them yesterday…and the gift cards =*(