Disney Dolphin and Swan

Do the Disney Dolphin and Swan participate in Disney’s Magical Express?

According to the Swan and Dolphin website, magical express is not provided. The website says they can help you arrange transportation from the airport and the Magical Express site does not list the Swan and Dolphin as one of their stops.

The only time we stayed there was for a work related trip and we rented a car that visit.

The hotels do provide bus transportation to the parks and throughout the rest of WDW though.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1135907]According to the Swan and Dolphin website, magical express is not provided. The website says they can help you arrange transportation from the airport and the Magical Express site does not list the Swan and Dolphin as one of their stops.

The only time we stayed there was for a work related trip and we rented a car that visit.

The hotels do provide bus transportation to the parks and throughout the rest of WDW though.[/QUOTE]

Darn! Thank you for the help. :flowers:

Your welcome…they pretty much have most of the on property perks but the magical express…I didn’t get that “Disney atmosphere” as much while staying there but it certainly wasn’t a bad stay…and a nice walk to Epcot. :happy:

They also do not participate in Disney’s Dining Plan.

True, but I think Skwak is also DVC, so he can always pick up a Tables In Wonderland card which is good for 20% off almost all sit down meals, plus if you have an AP, there are several food discounts that are offered there as well.
The dining plan isn’t the great deal it used to be.

Also, while Swolphin isn’t Disney and doesn’t have all of the Disney icons available, they are nicely themed hotels in their own right.
And they are equal to any of the Disney deluxe resorts and usually at lower prices. Certainly less than BWI, YC, and BC.

I think that the Swan and Dolphin are situated on some of the nicest Disney property. I’d stay there in a flash. As a DVC member you can purchase the Dining Plan separately. I’m not sure if you can purchase it if you are staying at the S & D, however…

Can’t. In order to add the dining plan, you have to be staying at a resort owned and operated by Disney that offers the Magic Your Way vacation packages. They have never offered Magic Your Way vacation packages for Swolphin because they are Starwood hotels.

They reason that I was asking is that through Jetblue Getaways they offer some of the more competitive packages. We may still pick there. True they are not Disney but they are very nice hotels.

We are looking at a quick early December trip to see the holiday stuff.

[QUOTE=skwak;1135938]They reason that I was asking is that through Jetblue Getaways they offer some of the more competitive packages. We may still pick there. True they are not Disney but they are very nice hotels.

We are looking at a quick early December trip to see the holiday stuff.[/QUOTE]

Now that we don’t have small kids with us anymore, the Disney-theme isn’t as important. It’s nice, but I don’t have to have it. I’d stay at the S & D in a flash.

I believe if you rent a car and want to park it on Swan or Dolphin property there is a $20
charge per day.

[QUOTE=joseph3947;1135966]I believe if you rent a car and want to park it on Swan or Dolphin property there is a $20
charge per day.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is a fee…if this site is current, it’s $15/day for registered guests…sometimes these places don’t update every part of their websites regularly so it could be more…but here’s what the website says under FAQ…

[B][I]5. Is there a fee for parking at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin?
Yes. The daily fees for parking are listed below and subject to change.

Self Parking Fees	Valet Parking Fees

Non-Registered Guest* $15.00 for each exit $23.00 for each exit
Registered Guest ** $15.00 + tax per day $23.00 + tax per day

*A non-registered guest is a guest who is visiting the hotel to use the facilities and services, but is not staying over night.

**A registered guest has a room reservation to spend one or more nights at the hotel.[/I][/B]