Disney Dream Bahamas Cruise: June 10, 2012

So we are definetly wanting to do this cruise (it will be our fist Disney cruise and my kids first ever cruise) but we can not cough up the $800 deposit until March (10 day trip to WDW in 2 weeks and then Christmas). So do you think we will still be able to get a Deluxe ocean view room with verandah if we wait? It will still be over a year out, I’m just not sure how fast the summer cruises book up.

we are booking 3rd week in august for 5 days…cannot wait…this is going to be our first cruise…

I dont know the answer but I wondered if you called and asked that very question would there be a possibility they may be a little more flexible with the deposit? Is it worth a try?
We are hoping to cruise with Royal Caribbean next spring but we are waiting till almost the sailing date to book as the prices here go right down for European cruises. We know people who have booked way in advance and paid top dollar- we took a last minute and paid very little for a 10 days Med cruise with balcony state room. But I appreciate the Disney cruises are alot more popular. I do hope you get the cruise you want- good luck:flowers:

I don’t know, you’ll still be over a year out so you have a good chance. But nothing is guaranteed, as you know. Maybe you’ll have to settle for a lesser cabin, but I think you will still be able to book the cruise.

Good luck with your decision! I just booked the 5 Night Double Dip for Easter Break 2012 on the Dream. Can’t wait! :happy:

the dream cruise is 4day bahama,right,and disney is now asking 20% or has that changed…and if you book and there is a costco nearby…use costco travel,they offer everything disney offers and a costco cash card on the 4 night I believe it is 225

I just checked june 11…and they are not sold out yet,but I did notice the cost is higher…slightly which usually means they have good activity but once again that is for june 2011

I bet the deluxe rooms are not going to sell as quickly as the other rooms.
You have a long time until that ship sails…

[QUOTE=dixie;1055829]I dont know the answer but I wondered if you called and asked that very question would there be a possibility they may be a little more flexible with the deposit? Is it worth a try?
We are hoping to cruise with Royal Caribbean next spring but we are waiting till almost the sailing date to book as the prices here go right down for European cruises. We know people who have booked way in advance and paid top dollar- we took a last minute and paid very little for a 10 days Med cruise with balcony state room. But I appreciate the Disney cruises are alot more popular. I do hope you get the cruise you want- good luck:flowers:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all other cruiselines have great last-minute rates, but Disney never puts out very good deals.

Still, I would LOVE to go on the Disney Dream. So jealous!!! If nothing else, maybe you could instead reserve an oceanview and maybe be able to upgrade later? I really doubt it will book solid.

we booked 4 family deluxe outside rooms on deck 9 yesterday for august 2012…let the countdown begin !! i know i have almost 2 years to go, but i can’t wait.

We are going June 12, 2011 for the 5 day double dip at Castaway Cay. It is our first cruise! Getting our passports Saturday! Did you guys see that AOL travel has some articles with You tubes on it? This week they featured the kids rooms. They have an article on Remy, and the rooms with virtual portholes, and the virtual pictures which look totally wicked!

If the 800.00 is an issue I think you can cut that down by just putting yourself and wife and add the kids later. Not sure but I think that is what I was told when I was pricing a cruise. Hope this helps

I booked the Disney Dream last year for next year Thanksgiving. We got the cheapo rooms since it’s 6 of us, we’ll have 2 inside rooms and paid only $100 per person while on the cruise to book it. The total cost for both rooms was $1981 it was a great deal we couldn’t pass up. No veranda, no window, but it works for us. Kids go right to sleep and don’t wake up because its dark and cozy.

if that works that would be the way to go

Chris, which cabins? I booked a cabin in the same category on deck 9 for my 4/10/12 Disney Dream Cruise!