Disney Dream Trip Report

This was our 4th cruise and first 4 night. All others were 7 night on the Magic. I was worried that it would not be long enough but it ended up being fine. The main difference is you just don’t get to know your servers and stateroom host like you do on the 7 night. It did feel rushed.

I would not hestiate to take the Magic again. The bigger ship is nice, but not a must have. I did like the adult deck and pool area better. There was also a section on the front of the ship that is part adult and part family that was a hidden gem. I wish I had a picture. It did get really windy there though. They also had some great giant sofa chairs that dh and I snagged one day. It was big enough for both of us to read in.

Animator’s Palate was better on the Dream than the Magic for me. Food was the same. I tried the rainforest room for the first time and loved that. I got a chair massage as well.

Road the Aqua Duck and it was fun, but not a huge draw.

I am posting pictures of decor around the ship, food, and some obvious areas. Let me know if you have questions. I was a great vacation!

Hmm, can figure out how to show pictures directly from Photobucket. It just wants to show links. Maybe I need to post this in the trip report section.

Grrr, in both the html and img codes are off. How do people post things without having to save and resize everything?

OK, got it : )

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p294/jk8photosMB/100_5060.jpg

Photobucket not like I remembered. I though you used to be able to copy or link a smaller size. Most of the pictures are too large so I will have to come back to this another time. Here is my favorite mastcot!

Yayyyy!!! Finally the Dream TR we have been waiting for!!! :happy:

When you use photobucket, before you upload, you can specify a default size to upload the photos as. I usually use “Large” for my pictures. Otherwise, they will appear super big. The link you want is the one with [img] tags. Click “options” on sharing the images, and check the box for [img] codes for forum-sharing.

Can’t wait to see your pictures!! We were just on The Dream last week.

Thanks Julie!!! We’ll be on the Dream next year and I love hearing what other folks are saying.

Where are YOUR pictures?? :laugh:

New Rule…They who comment that they were just on the ship must post if they comment. :laugh:

:smile: I will as soon as I get them online.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more please!

Can’t wait to see more pics!

Trying to talk my DD into a cruise next year. She learned about the Titanic in school and won’t even consider it now!! :ohmy:

I’ll have to show her your pictures!!! Can’t wait to hear more

[QUOTE=ssn;1077926]Trying to talk my DD into a cruise next year. She learned about the Titanic in school and won’t even consider it now!! :ohmy:

I’ll have to show her your pictures!!! Can’t wait to hear more[/QUOTE]

Aw bless, it made me smile- I know how kids take that kind of info to heart- you got a whole lot of persuading to do:heart:

Okay, here’s the thing… the idea of cruise kind of freaks me out, too! And I don’t think we can blame it on the Titanic.

Because, well… there’s no place to go. You’re on the ship… and you can’t get off at will!

Except for the boat part, I think a cruise sounds great! (And looking at the picture of the ship when it’s docked… it kind of just looks like a hotel. A hotel I can deal with.)

I think I’d like to take a cruise some day… if I can calm that part of me that wants to completely freak out.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1077932]Okay, here’s the thing… the idea of cruise kind of freaks me out, too! And I don’t think we can blame it on the Titanic.

Because, well… there’s no place to go. You’re on the ship… and you can’t get off at will!

Except for the boat part, I think a cruise sounds great! (And looking at the picture of the ship when it’s docked… it kind of just looks like a hotel. A hotel I can deal with.)

I think I’d like to take a cruise some day… if I can calm that part of me that wants to completely freak out.[/QUOTE]
This is me exactly! I have this fear of one of my kids falling overboard!
:eek:

Getting ready to post more.

We had a stateroom cat 11C the lowest possible. We usually have a Cat 9 with a porthole and spilt bath. It was smaller for sure. The virtual porthole was fun. It would be hard to do a 7 night in this room with one bath. DH and I actually ended up in a fight once because he wanted to stink up the bathroom before I was going to use it to get ready for High Tea and I told him to go out to a public bathroom. :laugh:

Beautiful atrium lobby

AquaDuck - very cool