Disney Dream- What do you want to know?

So, we are going on the media cruise next week on the Disney Dream.
What do you guys want to know about the ship that you haven’t already heard?
Any questions you want us to ask?
Please let us know!
We’re so excited to see what Disney has done this time!

We look forward to your feedback!

Oh, I can’t think of anything other than I want lots of pictures and dining reviews and that sort of thing.

I am interested in all the replies here. Having never been on any cruise, I don’t know what I would wish to know.

Thank you for asking

1 - What are some of the things that this ship has that no other ship has?
2 - Talk more about the “virtual portholes” in the inside rooms. I was just telling someone about them yesterday.

Thanks for asking!

Thanks for some good questions!
They are on the list!
Keep them coming!

BTW - Welcome to MouseBuzz!

Thanks! We’ve been lurking for sometime! Figured it’s time to join and interact with some of the people who come to our website for all the breaking Disney news!
We love to be able to cover some of the fun Disney news too!
Thanks for all your help!

I know another Mousebuzzer was mentioning she was going on the cruise with an 18 month old. The first thing that popped in my head was how sturdy, and unclimbable are the railings for kids on a cruise. Would you mind updating us on that?

I want to know everything! The Good, The Bad and The Disney! If you have ever cruised on one of their other ships give some comparisons and contrasts please. Plus loads of pictures please!

[QUOTE=Captgoodguy;1062268]1 - What are some of the things that this ship has that no other ship has?
2 - Talk more about the “virtual portholes” in the inside rooms. I was just telling someone about them yesterday.

Thanks for asking![/QUOTE]

why never fly with chocolate?

good question… that is my number one fear.

I want to know if I can go with you lol!

Well, seeing as Turnwrench will be on the Dream (WITHOUT ME, I must mention) in about a week, you can ask him. But not me. Because he left me here. In the snow.

I am a scrapbooker and I heard on some of the longer cruises they offer scrapbook classes, wondering if this will be available for the Dream, I am going in June on the 5 day cruise.

Also how does the food compare to the other ships, and how is the buffet at Palo.

What is the Tween club like.

Even though my son is a tween, he LOVES Toy Story, I was wondering if he would be able to at least tour the younger kids rooms since one of the playrooms is set up like Toy Story.

[QUOTE=ann0d;1062417]I am a scrapbooker and I heard on some of the longer cruises they offer scrapbook classes, wondering if this will be available for the Dream, I am going in June on the 5 day cruise.

Also how does the food compare to the other ships, and how is the buffet at Palo.

What is the Tween club like.

Even though my son is a tween, he LOVES Toy Story, I was wondering if he would be able to at least tour the younger kids rooms since one of the playrooms is set up like Toy Story.[/QUOTE]

The food is great! When my oldest went to pick up the younger kids she was able to walk around. BTW my oldest really enjoyed the teen club. Not sure how old your tween is, but they have the Oceaneer’s Lab for older kids like tweens I think.

Apologies for hijacking the thread. Just answering the question.

Well it’s a funny but somewhat long story. I wrote a post about it on another board (non-Disney) that covers it all. If you want to read it, I’ll put the link in this reply.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/277905/how-i-got-to-know-the-fine-security-people-at-the-burbank-airport

Here is the short version. I am part of another board that went to Hollywood for a meet and greet. Several of the movie studios invited us to come visit them (including Walt Disney Studios) to promote their up and coming DVD releases. The Walt Disney Studio tour was great and I should post pictures of that sometime. One studio brought in Ben Stiller to meet with us for the release of the “Tropic Thunder” DVD. Anyway, as a part of the each studio visit, we received gift bags. Well one specific studio gave us life sized, authentic looking Magnum .44 guns made out of chocolate to promote the Dirty Harry movies being released on DVD. Well guess who forgot the authentic looking weapon was in the gift bag that I was carrying onto the plane? The TSA people found it during the x-ray check and it was really, really uncomfortable for a while until they allowed us to continue on our trip. It’s all funny now that it’s over, but I was concerned for a bit.
And with that, we now return you to your regularly scheduled Disney Dream thread…

Oh that was funny, but I am sure not at the time.

Ok News13 or Turnwrench, are you back yet? I am ready for the scoop on the Dream. Please!:blush:

Oh I met Rick Howard at the Contemporary last week and he told me that he would be going on the Dream the next day and that he would be reporting on his video blog.

We are sailing August 12th for 4 days. We have only been on one other cruise (Carnival).

I am trying to make a reservation for NEXT April (Easter) 2012, but my school distrcit can’t decide on a calendar… and we start school in 6.5 months. In three years, I have had 3 Disney vacations impacted because they decide to change things at the last minute. We are so excited about booking the Dream!