Disney Extras....a discovery

I have been looking to make a reservation and checked out the official Disney website, I came across this:

2007 Package Inclusions

As part of purchasing your Magic Your Way Premium package through disneyworld.com, you will receive the following inclusions upon checking in at your Disney Resort Hotel.

* Commemorative luggage tag (one per person).
* Disney's PhotoPass 5x7 Photo Certificate – Vacation memories captured by a professional photographer. Book a Magic Your Way package on disneytravelagents.com and when you check in at a Disney Resort Hotel, you receive a welcome letter with instructions on how to receive one 5x7 print at Walt Disney World.
* Planet Hollywood ®- Enjoy a $15 Certificate valid for food and non-alcoholic beverages at Planet Hollywood, Downtown Disney West Side. VIP Preferred Seating is available from 11am through 6pm (one certificate per room; not valid with any other offers or discounts).
* Preferred Fireworks Viewing Locations for each of the following: Wishes™ Fireworks at the Magic Kingdom® Park and IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot® (one viewing per theme park; advance reservations and voucher required; subject to availability; certain block-out dates apply; one certificate per person).
* Disney’s Miniature Golf- Enjoy one round of miniature golf at either Disney’s Fantasia or Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf courses (one certificate per room valid for one round of golf). For example: A room with 4 guests will receive one certificate which is valid for one person in the party to play one round of miniature golf.
* Sea Raycers Offer Certificate- Enjoy 90 minutes watercraft fun when guests buy 60 minutes. Offer is valid for up to 5 people at participating marina locations (restrictions apply; one certificate per room).

My question is, do you think only booking through Disney can one get these extras or can a travel agent like Mickey get the same goodies for us?:confused: :ohmy:

Hmmm, I like this one.

• Preferred Fireworks Viewing Locations for each of the following: Wishes™ Fireworks at the Magic Kingdom® Park and IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot® (one viewing per theme park; advance reservations and voucher required; subject to availability; certain block-out dates apply; one certificate per person).

WOW… sounds great.
I wonder if DH will let me go back next year?

I know, I thought it would be worth booking through them, unless of course, a travel agent can get a better deal all together :blush:

Whoa, those are some awesome perks!

Cool! Thanks for sharing!! :happy:

In the past you have been able to get these package perks just by getting a package. It never mattered if you got them through a travel agent or through WDW. Unless they have changed their policies on this completely, you should be able to get these things just for booking the package. Best to ask mickey just in case I’m totally insane and have no clue what I am talking about…lol

You get the same thing with AAA. You also get some kind of “preferred parking” if you drive.

Those sound really cool Dopey, thanks for posting them! :happy:

I do always get perks when I book thru AAA, that’s why i always go thru them. Each year is different when I book.
For instance, the 1st year, I got free mickey black lanyards that came with a pin each. I got a free poster (thru the old 1 wishes per nite deal), which I had a choice between something else I think and i got the prince/princess package too at the time which got me some disney dollars ($50) and the booklet to get preferred seating for select shows (res. were req’d). I forget which else.
Last year, I dont even remember what I got (how bad!), I know I lost something because I rebooked my package after I paid my final pymnt to take advantage of that great discount offered thru Disney.
This year, I have a choice of 2 items which I pick out when I get to Disney for booking my package during “Disney Month” (January) and I think it’s a photo frame (again don’t remember)… let me get my book…
Ok here we go… This year, is the Exclusive Disney Character STorytelling Experience offered at MK (90 day res req’d), Exclusive AAA Diamond parking, Commemorative Happiest celebration on earth AAA vacations luggage tags, Hertz rental car upgrade and Hertz complimentary child seat (i always book alamo) and a 40 page must see must do how to guide (i got it when I booked), AAA Diamond discount card good for dining, recreation, spa, services, merchandise and disney tours (discounts vary), $200 disney dollars (Per room) when you book the Swan or Dolphin hotel for 7nts, Free Planet Hollywood dining voucher (free entree and 1 non-alcoholic beverage, plus receive a free planet hollywood keepsake, and New! Preferred Fireworks viewing with the purchase of a MYW Premium or Platinum Pkg and I think that’s it!!!

right Val, the only perk I have ever seen was the $ 25.00 certificate to Planet Hollywood. But since I don’t like it there, I never took advantage of that one. I got the lanyards with pins and poster. That’s it. I have never seen the preferred seating one.
Sounds like you got a whole lot of fun stuff from them…:smile:

This year AAA gave me, um, nothing except for not notifying me of the free dining and automatically adding it to my reservation like a REAL travel agent should. I’m still currently fighting them over it.

That’s why I keep going back for more! :laugh:
Plus their rates are a tad cheaper than going thru Disney direct. Shhhh! lol

I have the free certificate for PH and Iam not fond of them either but ya know what they say “If its FREE, it’s for ME!”
LMAO! :laugh:

we will be eating early anways cuz we’re going to AK that day so Iam sure we’ll get hungry again! lol

Oh me too! I wonder how that works.

See if your credit card will also give you some extras… once, we paid with American Express and so inaddition to the whole gob of extras from Disney Travel, we also got a special book reading for the kids (at EC with characters reading to the kids, if I remember correctly), as well as special lanyards, and so forth.

Also… if you book through AAA, you are supposed to be able to get Diamond Parking Passes, which are free and enable you to have up-front parking spots. At MGM especially, this is a nice perk!

So what’ s the big deal about the MYW Premium package that you get all those perks? Is it that much better than a regular MYW + dining?

we had the premium plan for our honeymoon. it was well worth the money. you are really treated like royalty…

I forgot about this one, so glad you reminded me Miss D. I need to get to AAA and make our reservations. I just went through Disney directly.