Disney fun with a cricut

For every trip to WDW, I try to plan fun things to do to help pass the time. (Disney meals, movie nights, etc) This year, I decided that we would make our own Disney gear to take with us on the trip. Using my Circut machine, Disney cartridges, and some Simply Spray, the plan was to make t-shirts.

Well, my kids decided no on the t-shirts. Instead, they wanted to make drawsring backpacks for the parks. (They are so smart!) Well, in order to avoid tears and pricey do-overs, I drug out an old, plain bag of mine and created a sample…

Not bad. Useful. AND…of course…handmade!! :wub: My youngest (10) can’t wait to get the pics of his WDW project posted. (Stay tuned!)

The Lil’ Lady bought one of these machines, and now we need to get the Disney cartridges…

I might get it on the fun as well if you can create shirts !!!

[QUOTE=WALL;1055275]The Lil’ Lady bought one of these machines, and now we need to get the Disney cartridges…

I might get it on the fun as well if you can create shirts !!![/QUOTE]

eh-hem…
It’s funny you should mention shirts…:rolleyes:

I also grabbed a cheap shirt from Joann’s to make for myself. (Hoping the kids might bite at making one)

Better get the Lil’ Lady some Disney cartridges and get moving on the shirts now…:wink: (Make sure you post the pics too!)

OK, WALL, one more crafty Cricut idea… :wink:

Look for this camper 48 days from now… :biggrin: (Can’t wait!!!)

HappyCamper that shirt is awesome :smile:. Great job!

Fantastic stuff. I can’t wait to see more of your Disney creations. What else do you do with the cricut?
Those cricut thingys are expensive, aren’t they? - which makes me fear that I would have to justify this purchase by making everything in the house with the cricut :laugh:

ok, it’s time to post more pictures

[QUOTE=Dopey;1055292]Fantastic stuff. I can’t wait to see more of your Disney creations. What else do you do with the cricut?
Those cricut thingys are expensive, aren’t they? - which makes me fear that I would have to justify this purchase by making everything in the house with the cricut :laugh:

ok, it’s time to post more pictures[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliments. :redface: I’m a long time scrapper who hasn’t seen a scrapbook in two years! :frown: (Too busy making memories to sit down and scrap 'em! :wink: )

Anyway, my circut has been put to use doing quick little family projects like these. Here’s my DS’s string pack as promised…
(He did this all on his own. He’s so proud! :heart:)

Oh I love his backpack. It really is cool. You should sell those things. Hey!!! you should sell those things :wink:

Do you use the Cricut to cut out fabric & glue it on? The shirt & bags are cool!

Thanks! It’s really a pretty simple project to do. (All that my DS really needed assistance with was using the iron.)

1. Use freezer paper and send it through the cricut machine to make your cut outs. (I :heart: Mickey & Friends cartridge!)
  2. Iron on the freezer paper (shiny side down) where you’d like it on your fabric.
  3. Use the fabric spray to spray over the stencils.
  4. Let dry and peel off the stencils.

Those are so cool.

Those are too cute! Your son’s is great; I love it!

what an awesome project! I want a Cricut!!

Very awesome! I’ve been looking at cricuts for about 2 years…you may have just convinced me to finally make the investment.

Yay! I have really enjoyed using the cricut for non-scrapping projects. I don’t own the fancy big one…just the 6x12" machine. Love it! :heart:

Maybe…someday…when my kids are in college and I’m an empty-nester, I’ll return to my love of scrapping…Until then, this is a lot of fun!

[QUOTE=HappyCamper;1055458]Yay! I have really enjoyed using the cricut for non-scrapping projects. I don’t own the fancy big one…just the 6x12" machine. Love it! :heart:

Maybe…someday…when my kids are in college and I’m an empty-nester, I’ll return to my love of scrapping…Until then, this is a lot of fun![/QUOTE]

Put my scrapbooking stuff away a few years ago…going thru a huge work transition, and just didn’t have the time…but I’m getting it all back out this weekend to start some Christmas projects. I think it’s time for a cricut!:happy:

Please post projects. If I can’t get the time to do ‘em, atleast I can enjoy other scrappin’ projects. :happy:

[QUOTE=HappyCamper;1055286]OK, WALL, one more crafty Cricut idea… :wink:

Look for this camper 48 days from now… :biggrin: (Can’t wait!!!)[/QUOTE]

I WANT that. :happy:

[QUOTE=HappyCamper;1055279]eh-hem…
Better get the Lil’ Lady some Disney cartridges and get moving on the shirts now…:wink: (Make sure you post the pics too!)[/QUOTE]

The shirt and that sticker look awesome!!!
HC … I know what we’re going to do today !!! (A lil’ Phineas quote) :pirate: