Disney Guilty Pleasures

Ok so this is the flip side to the Embarrassing Disney Secrets thread. What in The World makes you grin or smile that you would never tell your non-Disney friends or neighbors about or what do you do at The World that you would not normally do anywhere else.

For me it is playing photographer. What I mean is that anytime I see a family where Mom or Dad is clearly taking pictures of the rest of the clan I offer to take the shot for them. I would never think of this say in downtown Chicago, but at Disney it seems ok. And the smiles I get from the families carry me throughout the day.

Ok the other one, I love to watch Tink come down the wire, don’t ask why cause I couldn’t tell you, but it is always a highpoint.

Now no one tell my biker buddies OK! ! ! ! !

-Harry

Mine would be the People Mover. I get on and put my feet on the seat across from me, close my eyes and feel the wind in my hair. Not norm for me who usually is alert and always knows her surroundings.

I do the same thing and holy cow Beth, you’re less than 24 hours. Looks like you’re going at a good time. According to my phone app this morning ALL the rides were 10 minutes or less. Enjoy!

Okay, this is really embarassing…

When I’m feeling in need of a pick-me-up, I search for videos of parents surprising their kids with trips to Disney on Youtube and bawl my eyes out. I also tear up at almost every Disney commercial on television. I have to try really hard not to when people are around.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1121378]Okay, this is really embarassing…

When I’m feeling in need of a pick-me-up, I search for videos of parents surprising their kids with trips to Disney on Youtube and bawl my eyes out. I also tear up at almost every Disney commercial on television. I have to try really hard not to when people are around.[/QUOTE]

Your not hooked or anything are you…:whistling :biggrin:

hmmmmm—that I wait on the curb or up at the train station for 2 hours for the parades and fireworks at the MK maybe?? Yeah—i love it that much. And to get a good spot up front you do need to do that. We went up to the trainstation at 2 hours 20 minutes before parade time, and got the last two chair views at front. By 7PM, people were pushing their way into us—

I take 2500 pictures every time we go, which is at least once per year. This year, we went twice. It was my two oldest 10th and 11th times going, and it was my youngest first and second. There are my reasons for taking pictures, but I take a TON every time, and I carry a huge camera to do it- all day long. The CM’s even comment on it… I would never do this at home, but I will not stop at WDW…

Sometimes, those pictures repeat-Castle, ball, Tree of Life, etc… Just in case something has changed.

Oh, and if I need a pick me up, I listen to Disney music on the internet-which is almost daily…

[QUOTE=hanwill;1121384]

Oh, and if I need a pick me up, I listen to Disney music on the internet-which is almost daily…[/QUOTE]

OK, I come close, I have a lot of the background music from the parks on my iPod and it is set to shuffle all day long in the office. I always get “that look” from my staff when the monorail dialog comes on.:angel:

-H

Por favor! LOVE it! I listen to live365… On there- there are a ton of Disney stations. Love Mouse World Radio, and Radio Buena Vista to name two. There are others that I love. Lots of background music, ride audio (monorail, for example), and park audio as well as movie music. It makes me happy…when I am not at WDW enjoying the music there…

Don’t tell my friends that I am Disney freak- as I try to hide it…

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1121385]OK, I come close, I have a lot of the background music from the parks on my iPod and it is set to shuffle all day long in the office. I always get “that look” from my staff when the monorail dialog comes on.:angel:

-H[/QUOTE]

I do the same in my office. Most of the time they don’t realize it’s not just classical music until It’s a Small World starts blaring. :whistling:

DH and I have matching Mickey/Minnie mugs that we got in 2005 that we drink coffee out of on Sundays, another set that we got in 2010 that we drink out of on Saturdays, another set we call our “Special Day” mugs that we drink out of on any day DH is off from work that is not a weekend day. Oh, and a matching set that only sees the light of day on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

And…there are rules. Neither of us can use them if the other is not present. So, if he is out of town, I spend a sad morning drinking my coffee out of a plain old mug.

And, yes, the coffee does taste better in the Disney mug. Much, Much better. And every time DH brings my coffee to me those days I get a big grin on my face, it gives me that much enjoyment. (And coffee tastes better when someone pours it for me than when I pour it for myself. Not even kidding.)

My guilty pleasure is what I do to get my Disney fix at home. I search out youtube videos. Lately I have been going overboard with that but I hide what I do from my family as much as I can. I feel that I am in need of an intervention.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1121378]Okay, this is really embarassing…

When I’m feeling in need of a pick-me-up, I search for videos of parents surprising their kids with trips to Disney on Youtube and bawl my eyes out. I also tear up at almost every Disney commercial on television. I have to try really hard not to when people are around.[/QUOTE]

I have been known to do the same and never fail to cry each and every time. I also cry as soon as the lights go down and the voice comes on for ELP or Wishes.

Harry - we also like taking pictures for other families.

Our guilty pleasure: We like to see who can do the nicest thing for a random person each day. At POP Century we gave over 100 trading pins to the Cast Member who checked us in to pass out to all the kids as they checked in that day. This year I didn’t have a chance to be kind, but not killing the person I traveled with is considered kind to me…:whistling

Bwahahahaha. :laugh:

I guess my guilty pleasure is all of the pretend trips that I plan. Obviously I decide where we’d stay, then completely organize, down to what parks which days depending on their EMH, which flights we would take, where we would eat (even checking dining reservations to see if that has availability).

Lately I’ve been planning pretend Disney cruises, too.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1121413]Bwahahahaha. :laugh:

I guess my guilty pleasure is all of the pretend trips that I plan. Obviously I decide where we’d stay, then completely organize, down to what parks which days depending on their EMH, which flights we would take, where we would eat (even checking dining reservations to see if that has availability).

Lately I’ve been planning pretend Disney cruises, too.[/QUOTE]

Seriously and honestly, I have no clue how she didn’t end up in a “water area” filled with gators. :blink:

i could wait in line for hours to meet characters… yeah i say my kids HAVE to meet them. they cold probably care less lol!

I have a collection of mugs from all the resorts we have stayed at ( back when the mugs were personalized to the resort). I have one set that are in like new condition then I have three that are for everyday use.

Even my herbal tea tastes better in them!

-Harry

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1121365]Ok the other one, I love to watch Tink come down the wire, don’t ask why cause I couldn’t tell you, but it is always a highpoint.

Now no one tell my biker buddies OK! ! ! ! !

-Harry[/QUOTE]

Well…what’s it worth ta ya for us to keep this little secret?!? :whistling :angel:

Ok, I adore “It’s a Small World” and it’s the first ride every time. :eek: :blow:

Love wishes fireworks, but really best part is chatting with wish families that I run into. :blush:

My wife’s guilty pleasure is the Pina Colava. So much so that i had to order the stuff to make it from the company which only sells in restaurant bulk (Island Girl raspberry). Mine is ordering a Salty Dawg which I normally cant do because of medication stuff and letting the BlackBerry from work sit in the safe the whole time we are there.:pirate: