Disney in March!

Well we finally decided on early March next year to return to “Happiest place on Earth”. We took advantage of the buy 5 get 2 deal. With the way the economy is right now we decided that All Star Movies should host this trip once again. We had thought about splitting time between ASM and the Grand Floridian…but, Money being tight we concluded it was a better fit at ASM.

We will be there on St. Patricks Day (Should be at Epcot). Green Beer will flow (I’m taking food coloring just in case)

Any thoughts on the weather in March ??? This is our first March visit.
Looking forward to hearing from the gallery.

Congrats! Only thing I didn’t like about and still don’t like about any all stars is the bus service. Anyway, hope you have a good time :).

You can say that again … We have had our moments there, but we have been lucky enough ( Many a Time) at the end of the night to walk straight off the bus and be in our room in 5 minutes. I guess it’s the Ying / Yang thing.

I’m in Southwest Fl and in March it’s in the mid 80’s usually in the day and can dip as low as the mid 60’s at night. So shorts and T shirts in the day and maybe a few pairs of jeans just in case? I’m more south and it’s warmer here usually. Then again I wear shorts and t-shirts all year. :laugh:

I’m going in mid March too and just hope to God I don’t under pack lol.

March can go either way. (I’m in Southeast FL)

Either it’s the perfect high 70s kind of weather or we’re starting our "summer’ weather and it’s high 80s everyday. BUT, if you are coming from a winter of snow, sleet and rain YOU WILL LOVE IT either way! :heart:

Early March is good too, you beat all the Spring breakers.

Congrats on booking a trip!

Yes, we are (well, I am) looking at March, 2011 for our next trip. Have other plans for the upcoming year, but would love to go over mine and my daughter’s birthdays (mine is march 9, hers the 13th! Maybe someone would order ME a cake…:laugh::laugh:

Wondering about water parks…I know they stay open, are they viable in march?

I went in March back in 05 and it was also over St Pat’s day. From what I can remember it was very warm & comfortable during the day, however at night it was a little chilly. Over all it wasnt a bad time of year to go. I am trying to plan a “girl’s weekend” in Disney and was thinking about going again in March also…

We were there this past March, and it was wonderful. It did get pretty warm some days, but it was a welcome change for us, since we were visiting from Michigan. :slight_smile: Depending on your timing, you could be there for the Flower and Garden Festival, which is awesome!

Oh yay… :smile:

March is great! Nice warm weather during day and cool nights. Beware, the nights can be cold - make sure to have a sweatshirt and be prepared for hot chocolate. Maybe even start your day with a sweatshirt if you are starting early, but the days warm up. . .makes for nice parking walking! Have a great time!

We were there end of March last year for 12 days. During the day is was nice but at night it really was cold. A few nights it was around 35. We found it difficult going from day to night without going back to our room unless we wore layers

Oh you’ll love March. I love the temps, 80’s during the day then sweatshirt and pants temps at night. We are from MA so we love the no humidity time of the year. The only bummer is the pools are little chilly.
It’s always my “exscuse” for having to buy another disney sweatshirt, for some reason it just seems to slip my mind when packing :whistling !!!
Also the garden festival is the best, so pretty!!!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;998347]March can go either way. (I’m in Southeast FL)

Either it’s the perfect high 70s kind of weather or we’re starting our "summer’ weather and it’s high 80s everyday. BUT, if you are coming from a winter of snow, sleet and rain YOU WILL LOVE IT either way! :heart:

Early March is good too, you beat all the Spring breakers.

Congrats on booking a trip![/QUOTE]

We visited this past March for 14nights starting the last week of March. Our weather was hot, hot, hot. We didn’t even need the sweaters that I had packed for evenings. We’re going again this March and hoping for more great weather!!
Oh, and the Flower and Garden Festival is amazing…not sure of the start date…but I’m sure many gardens will be ready even if you are a bit early! It’s amazing!

Getting excited already … I hope they will also have some “Alice” things going on while we are there. Since the movie will open close to our dates.
Tim Burton belongs in Disney … I wish they would have approached him about POTC 4. That would have kept Depp motivated.

Thanks gang for the info , still looking forward to hearing from U !!!

We love going in March but that’s because we’re in the great state of Wisconsin and spent the previous three months in cold and snowy weather. The temps in March are perfect for a “survivor celebration”! :laugh::happy:

Nothing like waking up this morning and making a payment on our March trip… Ahhhhhhhhhhh :pirate:

Wall, you’re making me jealous. I’m planning on March 15th, and can’t book til the 1st of March at least. here’s to hoping they have rooms open at POR

Good Luck … They’ll make room for ya’!

I am tentatively going 7-14 but will depend on airfare prices. It is during our spring break so prices are SKY high!

Back to my reason for posting…I am going back to the beer thread just in case anyone doesn’t want to read this and be offended that we turned an innocent thread into beer chat.

We would totally be up for a green beer if our dates overlap. I’ll let you know if plans stay as is! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1006153]I am tentatively going 7-14 but will depend on airfare prices. It is during our spring break so prices are SKY high!

We would totally be up for a green beer if our dates overlap. I’ll let you know if plans stay as is! :)[/QUOTE]

:eek: … BEER CHAT??? :laugh:
Absolutely… We plan on driving there, but may fly. Either way it’s in stone for St. Patty’s day for us. ( And the little bottle of green food coloring)! :laugh: