Disney land or disney world

which one is bigger and by how many rides my 11 yr old daughter wants to know.

well if you include all parks… Disney world by far. It has 4 parks, and more to do for about a weeks time. Disneyland has 2 parks, and not as much to do-just because of size…
Hope that helps.

Disneyworld has much more to offer but you have to go everywhere by bus.

Dinsneyland is smaller, but everything is in one place. You can stay on property and no shuttles to take.

As far as thrill rides go, I’ll try to my best to remember all the thrill rides DW has that DL doesn’t:

Rockin Roller Coaster…one of the best ever
Mission space
Finding nemo is different
Safari trip in AK…very cool
Expedition Everest
American Idol…soon
Test track
Lights camera action

Rides that DL has that DW doesn’t:

CA Screamin…Fast roller coaster similar to RRC but not as good

Short list…maybe something I’m forgetting someone else will add.

Personally, I like them both and can’t get enough of either.

DW has tower of terror too…best thrill ride ever!!!

Here are some articles on the subject.:smile:

Disneyland Vs. Walt Disney World: Which is Better? - Associated Content

Disneyland Vs. Disney World - Associated Content

and here is the starting point of a discussion we had here on MB …

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/38379-ready2gos-2007-disneyland-trip-report-20.html#post711704

But Disneyland has the Matterhorn, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, and Pinnochio’s Adventure. :cool:

Thank you Mr. 626. I just couldn’t remember if MK in FL had the Matterhorn or not. I think its still a pretty good ride all these years later.

I can remember the 1st time I went to WDW back in '81 the CM driving the tram in the MK parking told us that all of DisneyLand would fit in the MK parking lot!

Disney world is bigger and has more attractions…neither is better and neither is worse. Just two different places both magical in their own way.

[QUOTE=evansfmly5;919495]Disneyworld has much more to offer but you have to go everywhere by bus.

Dinsneyland is smaller, but everything is in one place. You can stay on property and no shuttles to take.

As far as thrill rides go, I’ll try to my best to remember all the thrill rides DW has that DL doesn’t:

Rockin Roller Coaster…one of the best ever
Mission space
Finding nemo is different
Safari trip in AK…very cool
Expedition Everest
American Idol…soon
Test track
Lights camera action

Rides that DL has that DW doesn’t:

CA Screamin…Fast roller coaster similar to RRC but not as good

Short list…maybe something I’m forgetting someone else will add.

Personally, I like them both and can’t get enough of either.[/QUOTE]

I know someone else mentioned this too! but they have matterhorn which is an older version and not as cool as expedition everest according to what I’ve been told. and they have the originals.

Matterhorn is not nearly as good as Expedition Everest. But it is old. We always seem to ride it at least once every trip. One thing cool we noticed is that even though they have the same attractions (Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Pooh Bear, ect.) they are all different in some way from the rides in CA.