Disney Naps

After reading MissDisney’s post about Disney Secrets, I got a good laugh and started thinking about all the places in the World where I have taken a nap…

Some of these might have happened while “drinking around the world”, and some might have been somewhat caused by the 2400 degree heat in June. Honestly, when we go when it is cooler, I rarely ever nap.

I have to say though, there are some great naps that take place in Disney. Expensive naps, but good naps nonetheless.

Places I have voluntarily and involuntarily taken naps:

[U]Magic Kingdom[/U]:
Country Bear Jamboree, repeatedly
Enchanted Tiki Room, old and new, repeatedly (despite being a Tiki freak)
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Stitch’s Great Escape (yes, even when super loud)

[U]Epcot[/U]… man, I have slept alot at Epcot
Spaceship Math
Maelstrom after-movie (my favorite ride, period, and I even love the boat exit area)
Mexico 3 Caballeros ride
China movie
Canada movie
France movie
American Adventure show
Honey I Shrunk the Audience AND Captain Eo

[U]Animal Kingdom[/U]
Nemo Show
Pocahontas at Camp M/M
Flights of Wonder before the show

[U]Hollywood Studios[/U]
Great Movie Ride
Indiana Jones show
Muppets

Starting to wonder if I have narcolepsy just a little.

Love this! I too confess to just ‘shutting my eyes’ for ten minutes in Carousel of Progress (even though I love it it’s so cool and dark in there) and Spaceship Earth ( same reason as above plus I know it off by heart)

I love when you are riding on the Haunted Mansion and the cars turn backwards and go down the hill. It always relaxes me and I could probably sleep there if the ride was longer and the carriage was just a bit taller.

We took the kids into the Hall of Presidents when they added Obama and all of us fell asleep. It was hot outside and cold inside and it was delightful!

What about Ellen’s Energy Universe (or whatever it is called!!)… 45 minutes!!!

…never fallen asleep in any attraction…but I do remember Universe of Energy being tempting----we haven’t been in there in years!!! They really really need to update that one…

Nap! Nap! I useally don’t sleep for day before and the day during a trip…than I hibernate for a month afterwards…nap ppfffffttt

I am an unabashed Tiki room napper.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;1121522]I love when you are riding on the Haunted Mansion and the cars turn backwards and go down the hill. It always relaxes me and I could probably sleep there if the ride was longer and the carriage was just a bit taller.

We took the kids into the Hall of Presidents when they added Obama and all of us fell asleep. It was hot outside and cold inside and it was delightful![/QUOTE]

I know exactly that feeling too, it tips you really backwards and it’s dark with the starry sky thing going on- yep, that’s another one for me too:redface::redface:

YES. :wub:

Oh boy, have we done some napping in Hall of Presidents and Carouselmof Progress! A couple thousand dollars and purchase of annual passes, all for a nap in Hall of Presidents… Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I passed out on that ride in 2010. I even started to snore lol

My friends little boy has never seen Nemo, because as soon as he sits down he is out!

I have caught myself snoring at the American Adventure and I love that show. I love any show with animatronics, save Stitch, that one they can ship out. So, I have fallen asleep there and at Carousel of Progress and The Muppets at HS.

I have never fallen asleep in any attraction but I know someone that falls asleep in Ellen’s Energy Adventure and American Adventure. Also Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland. I assume that still counts even though it’s at Disneyland, right?

spaceship earth for sure! I love that ride and am not slating it at all in anyway but I have had a cheeky nap on this ride if I am being honest lol

MK - Hall of Presidents, Country Bear Jamboree, Carousel of Progress
Epcot - Ellen’s Universe of Energy
Hollywood Studios - Great Movie Ride
Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest

I’m pretty sure I zoned in and out during Ellen’s Snorefest. I also seem to recall drifiting in and out during Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress. I guess I’ve zoned in and out on Spaceship Earth as well. Any low intensity extra length ride certainly creates sleepy feelings when you’re sleep deprived and heat zonked.

On most standard roller coasters, I have the ability to totally relax on the lift hill, no matter how high. The Disney coasters are a little harder only because of all the little extra things before the lift hill. EE’s main lift is the exception because you’ve actually got time to relax as it climbs.

The coaster’s 240 feet tall? Good, more time to meditate.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1121556]
Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest[/QUOTE]

During the main part or on the tall lift hill?

I finally saw The American Adventure and I understand the need to condense history and tell the story in a manageable amount of time. That said, our history is so truncated you’d think we never faced any real adversity once the Revolution ended. So much is glossed over or ignored in a Disneyfied version of American History 101.:frown::crying:

When you start going backwards inside. It’s nice and dark.

I’ve never been much of a fan of forward/backward coasters. I HATE boomerangs, in part because every single one is exactly the same and I think it’s a cop out on the park owners to keep going to the Vekoma catalog and buying these things. That does not include Thunder Road or its brothers Racer and Rebel Yell because they run in one direction for the full circuit. When I hit the backward section of EE, I’m still trying to correctly sense if we’re rising or falling as we circle. I also like to watch for the track changing positions before you go forward again.