Disney online check in 10 days before

Does checking in online 10 days before give you any benefits? We had requested a certain location and was hoping that if we do the early online check in our wish may be granted. Is it worth doing this?

We only checked in online the night before we’ve left. We have always gotten our room requests. Fil keeps it semi simple though. He has 2 buildings he prefers. Is there a reason why you’re requesting other than the view? Handicaps, etc? They’ll take that into consideration I’m sure.

We did the online check in for our last trip in November, and I know one of the “benefits” was that we passed the check-in line that had atleast 30 - 40 people on it, and went directly to the “online check in” line, which had noone at all on it. It was great to be able to walk in the resort, check in, and be heading to our room within 10 minutes. I can’t tell you about room requests, because we didn’t request anything specific.

The last time we stayed on property I did online checkin was able to pass the line by they did not have us in the preferred location at ASMO that we had requested I was able to talk to the cm and they where able to move us to a room that was in the location that we had requested without a problem. We did arrive in the morning about
somewhere around noonish so they still had a lot of time left before others where going to be checking in and it was also the last week in Oct.

I used this last trip and was absolutely satisfied with my experience. I put my room requests on my reservation and yes, I did get the exact building I asked for. I loved just going in and having all my stuff done and waiting for my arrival. Check-in process took 30 seconds…it was awesome! The more simple your requests, the easier they are to grant, so keep that in mind when you are putting them on your reservation. I always have a back-up request building in case the other one doesn’t work out. I don’t advise asking for a certain room number. It will only cause disappointment. The odds are like winning the lottery. Even asking for a certain floor in a certain building is tough. I put what is most imporant to me on the request. It’s usually location. I asked for building three or four for my upcoming trip to POFQ.

We tried the online check-in for our last trip. We were staying at Pop. When we arrived, we were able to walk right up to the online check-in area (there were a good 20 peeps in the normal check in line) with no wait ahead of us. We checked in, went to our room and were able to get in line for Epcot all within 15 mins. It was great. We didn’t have any special requests - but our room was ready at 10:30 am when we arrived. Not sure if the online check-in had anything to do with that…or if we were just lucky! Either way, I was definitely satisfied with the speed and ease. I will do it again for our upcoming trip.

Unfortunately, I have to say that I am no longer a promoter of this service, though I wish I had better experiences to still support it.

Last year we used it while checking into POFQ. We walked right in, no line-up, rooms were ready and request of connecting rooms was granted. I was extremely happy with the service.

However, the next three check-ins did not go so well. My DF and DM went to POR last November, and when they got there, they were lined up at the online check-in forever, with only one CM working, while they watched everyone else in the regular check-in line pass through and numerous CMs working. Finally, they left the online check-in line and went through the regular check-in line.

Our trip this April included two check ins, one at POR, then for our second week at BC. At POR, we were second in line to one CM checking everyone in. The people ahead of us had a problem with their reservation and it took a while to resolve, then we got up there and our connecting room request was not granted, so it took forever to switch rooms. Meanwhile the line behind us had grown, yet everyone that we arrived with who went through the regular check-in line was done. There were approx 4 CMs at the regular line and again only one CM at the online check-in.

When we checked into the BC, we were helped right away, no waiting this time, however, our room request of connecting rooms was not granted so we had to wait while they changed rooms again.

I think online check-in is a great idea, but I don’t think Disney is prepared enough for it. I’m not sure that I would use it next time.

Just wondering if anyone has any more reviews of their online check in experience? Its almost time for me!

Both times I used on line check in, it was not beneficial time wise. The first time, there was a lot more people in the on line check in line than there was for regular, and as mentioned above, only one cm working it. The next time we used it, we were the only ones in line, but there was no cm there to assist. There were three cms running the regular line. Finally, the greeter saw us standing there staring at the regular line cms and came behind the desk to help us. He was very nice, but could tell he wasn’t fluent in checking people in. But, as far as room availability, both times we got our rooms right away.

I really think it depends where you are staying. We’ve never used it and have never had to wait to check in, we always walk right up to the counter and are checked in right away. I think it might be a good thing at some of the very large resorts but I’ve never seen a long check in line at the deluxe retorts. It might save us a couple if minutes but not much more than that.

We’ve used it 3 times and every time it was beneficial. I think it depends on a lot of things that are out of your control. The first time we were staying at POFQ and got there at the same time as 20 other people, so it was very nice to go up to the online check in and get our room right away. The second and third times were at CBR and both times were faster than the regular line.

The only issue I’ve seen is if you need to do more than just grab your packet and go. When you check in online, your stuff is already done and they just hand you your room info and you’re done. If you want to switch rooms and whatnot, then it wouldn’t necessarily be faster than regular check in.

Actually, having your packet ready ahead of time is the best part of the process in my opinion. The second time we stayed at CBR, there was a line at the online check in and wasn’t one at regular check in, so we walked up to regular and told them we checked in online and they went and grabbed our packet and sent us on our way.

This was just what I was wondering. We never seem to have a problem checking in at DVC properties…maybe we just show up at off times, but usually the place is empty. I’m wondering if it is worth it on our upcoming trip. If you do check in online and then decide not to bother with it when you show up, does that mess up the works?

Let me tell you my experience, we wanted a preferred room in Toy Story at All Star Movies, I called and specifically ask for that, So we did the online check in, went there everything was ready when we got there, start driving to the room and realized it was in Fantasia, Grrrr, So I go back and ask them for a Toy Story room, after much grumbling by the desk clerk, that Fantasia is a preferred room, she found us a Toy Story room, we went there and the maid had not cleaned it. (it was 5 in the afternoon) So we called and after a half hour go another room in Toy Story. I could go on complaining about other things, but online checking is great as long as they give you the right room.

Btw the way I called to complain to Disney - the girl told me write a letter, which I did, It has been over a month and still no response. Any other tips on how to complain?

We’ve used online check in twice and it has been great for us so like so many things at WDW your mileage and experience may vary each time you try it. We went during Spring Bread 2010 staying Pop. Arrived at noon just like I had specified during the online check in and our room was ready! Plus we didn’t wait in line with the bus load of people that had just arrived via Magical Express. Thanksgiving week 2010 at Old Key West same thing, arrived at noon as specified during online procedure and room was ready. Neither time did I make any request other than close to transportation (which is an option during the process) and that request was met and rooms ready. I will use it again for our Halloween trip.

[QUOTE=ann0d;1083751]Let me tell you my experience, we wanted a preferred room in Toy Story at All Star Movies, I called and specifically ask for that, So we did the online check in, went there everything was ready when we got there, start driving to the room and realized it was in Fantasia, Grrrr, So I go back and ask them for a Toy Story room, after much grumbling by the desk clerk, that Fantasia is a preferred room, she found us a Toy Story room, we went there and the maid had not cleaned it. (it was 5 in the afternoon) So we called and after a half hour go another room in Toy Story. I could go on complaining about other things, but online checking is great as long as they give you the right room.

Btw the way I called to complain to Disney - the girl told me write a letter, which I did, It has been over a month and still no response. Any other tips on how to complain?[/QUOTE]

Disney will never guarantee you your request for a specific building or room - so even if you indicate it, it’s never guaranteed. I’d say more often than not I don’t get the room I requested - in fact, usually they seem oblivious to the request (I’m wondering if they are instructed to do this:glare:). Usually they’ll try to accomodate but there have been times when no matter how long I hold out, I don’t get precisely what I want.

I have never actually requested any type of room, so I am guessing online check in will work just fine for us. I vaguely remember using it at POFQ a few years back, I think the first year they introduced it, and I know it did not save us any time. I am not really worried about saving time this year, because I have strictly forbid everyone from rushing through this vacation. We are going to try to savor every last hot humid sticky minute.

My last stay (BV) the request was “near transportation” and the only transportation I was near was the parking lot.

Guess I’ll learn from you and make sure that I’m more specific in my requests:blink:

Oh I understood that from the beginning , but that fact that there were two rooms available (at least) just goes to show they don’t pay attention to what you request.

[QUOTE=ann0d;1083751]Let me tell you my experience, we wanted a preferred room in Toy Story at All Star Movies, I called and specifically ask for that, So we did the online check in, went there everything was ready when we got there, start driving to the room and realized it was in Fantasia, Grrrr, So I go back and ask them for a Toy Story room, after much grumbling by the desk clerk, that Fantasia is a preferred room, she found us a Toy Story room, we went there and the maid had not cleaned it. (it was 5 in the afternoon) So we called and after a half hour go another room in Toy Story. I could go on complaining about other things, but online checking is great as long as they give you the right room.

Btw the way I called to complain to Disney - the girl told me write a letter, which I did, It has been over a month and still no response. Any other tips on how to complain?[/QUOTE]

Disney is pretty clear that things like room location is only a request and not a guarantee. I don’t think there’s much more you can do, you wrote a letter but Disney didn’t really do anything wrong.