Disney Paintings by me!

As some of you may know, I study Art in college and I do Disney paintings for presents for my friends & family.
I’m trying to begin a sort of business and thought this might be a good platform to show you all my work since you’re all Disney obsessed / experts! :laugh:
I’ve attached a few photos for you guys to look at and if you could ‘Like’ my facebook page I’d be really grateful!!

Thanks for looking guys!! :happy:

You did an amazing job!:happy:

Thank you Maria! :happy:

Wow Mel! you are good! Of course I’ll like your FB page- thanks for sharing, you’re very talented.

Mel, these are beautiful.

Soooooo pretty! I’ve never seen the Aurora one, love it!

Thank you guys! Thought you’d would appreciate the character art!! :laugh:

Love them… and just liked your page!

Thank you!! I appreciate the support guys!! :happy:

Very cool paintings.My favorite one is Sorcerer Mickey.

Beautiful! I love Minnie!

On a sour note - can you sell paintings of copyrighted characters?

I know we had to clear our classrooms and hallways of any representations of copyrighted characters years ago :frowning:

Wonderful! You will have a very bright career.

Wonderful job on the paintings. That sleeping beauty scene is one of my favorites.

:blink:[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1103080]Beautiful! I love Minnie!

On a sour note - can you sell paintings of copyrighted characters?

I know we had to clear our classrooms and hallways of any representations of copyrighted characters years ago :([/QUOTE]

A few people have warned me about this, I’m not actually sure about the rules on it… but I’m gonna continue painting until they tell me to stop!
I was a bit dubious about posting this thread in the first place to be honest incase mouse buzz complain!! :blink:

A few people have warned me about this, I’m not actually sure about the rules on it… but I’m gonna continue painting until they tell me to stop!
I was a bit dubious about posting this thread in the first place to be honest incase mouse buzz complain!! :blink: [/QUOTE]

There are loads for sale on Etsy so I guess it’s not entirely frowned upon?

That’s true! Forgot about the ones on there! :laugh:

I was a bit dubious about posting this thread in the first place to be honest incase mouse buzz complain!! :blink: [/QUOTE]

You are not allowed to make money off your posts here on MB, so I think as long as you don’t offer to sell them here, you’re okay.

Well, all of the Etsy sells are technically illegal (especially the graphics). You can make your own Disney things for your personal use, and you can “gift” them to others, but you cannot profit from licensed Disney characters without permission.

That being said, I seriously doubt that Disney will seek you out. If you were making a lot of money, then maybe, but as a single person painting for fun, I think you’re safe.

Now speaking of Disney paintings, have you seen Autumn de Forest’s Disney Princess Collection? Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More She was at Festival of the Master’s and also did a commercial for Disney’s new computer drawing tool. All of that, and she’s only ten years old!!

Great paintings!!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1103719]Well, all of the Etsy sells are technically illegal (especially the graphics). You can make your own Disney things for your personal use, and you can “gift” them to others, but you cannot profit from licensed Disney characters without permission.

That being said, I seriously doubt that Disney will seek you out. If you were making a lot of money, then maybe, but as a single person painting for fun, I think you’re safe.

Now speaking of Disney paintings, have you seen Autumn de Forest’s Disney Princess Collection? Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More She was at Festival of the Master’s and also did a commercial for Disney’s new computer drawing tool. All of that, and she’s only ten years old!![/QUOTE]

OH MY GOD! (Sorry for the use of caps) but she is absolutely amazing! Can’t believe she’s only 10, her other work is amazing too!
Do you know her or are you just a fan? :happy: