Disney park in shanghai- china

Dont know if anyone has reported this before- I saw the article in The Times yesterday-however, this is taken from The Telegraph newspaper: Video: Shanghai welcomes Disney to mainland China - Telegraph

OK so a Chinese Disney doesn’t do it for anyone…lol

DisneyTeacher first reported on this back in November of 2009 I do know.

Oh so its supposedly old news -only hit our papers/news channels this week very strange if its so out of date? Especially for the Times and the Telegraph-and also, I wouldn’t remember posts from last November never mind 2009!

BTW-Added this because I just checked Bloomberg and apparently in 2009 it was just a project proposal- this is the actual confirmation to go ahead- so not really the same news as DT reported.

I didn’t know, so thanks for the info. I don’t think I would ever go…acutally I know I won’t, but it’s still cool they are building another park!

It’s been in the works since the mid 2000’s with plans approved in 2009. Groundbreaking took place April 7, 2011 and it will open in 2015.

Shanghai Disney Resort

[QUOTE=cubsblue;1072871]It’s been in the works since the mid 2000’s with plans approved in 2009. Groundbreaking took place April 7, 2011 and it will open in 2015.

Shanghai Disney Resort[/QUOTE]
Groundbreaking on the 7th makes for nice news hense why some people are just getting wind of it. Thank you for the clarification and the link.:flowers:

[QUOTE=cubsblue;1072871]It’s been in the works since the mid 2000’s with plans approved in 2009. Groundbreaking took place April 7, 2011 and it will open in 2015.

Shanghai Disney Resort[/QUOTE]

Thanks Cubsblue and dear Dana- thought Britain was having a news blackout for a while:laugh::laugh::laugh:

YAY! Woohoo Dixie that is great news… LOL!!! :slight_smile:
Had to give you a little boost for posting this…hehehe! The rest was pretty anti-climatic…
I am with Dana, don’t think I would ever go there but that is great that they are expanding.
Maybe my one share of Disney stock will buy me a toilet seat in Shanghi now?:laugh:

Sheesh, where have you been? You know you’re from the UK when… :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: JK, Dixie!!! :happy:

I think it’s really cool. DisneyTeacher’s article had something about Hong Kong Disneyland being unsuccessful because it is apparently not easy to leave China, so the Chinese crowd they thought they were appealing to did not work out. There was also something about guests peeing in the gardens and not understanding that they needed to use the restrooms. That is why I remember it. :laugh:

But I’m all for it because… this is thinking really far in advance… if I get into the Clemson Architecture Graduate Program, one of the study abroad cities for the graduate program is Shanghai. Right now, it’s only offered to the grad students, but they are hoping to eventually expand it to the undergrad program (we are required to spend a semester abroad - either in Genoa, Italy, Barcelona, Spain, or Charleston, SC… since I am from SC, I am quite opposed to Charleston. Genoa is my first choice with Barcelona as a close second… but you spend two semesters abroad in the grad program, so I figure I can do whichever city I do not do as an undergrad and Shanghai… this is, of course, if I get into the grad program… apparently it isn’t easy).