Disney Party Princesses A Big Business

This is a big business in my area…I had no idea it was so big though…I am out of the birthday party loop!!! Interesting how they get around the copyright thing…

I don’t understand why some people have a problem with Princesses. Didn’t affect me adversely…didn’t affect my DD adversely…

What do you think? Are we hurting kids by letting them “love” the princess themes?

For ‘professional princesses,’ birthday-party gigs are big business - The Washington Post

That is one rough looking princess.

The idea is good: I had Pocahontas show up at my bachelor party. Asking Tiger Lilly to come over would have just been wrong.

Wow, I read some of the comments posted with this article. Some people are seriously against princesses! They forget to let children be children and just play!

I wonder how they get past the copyright infringement too??

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1133126]Wow, I read some of the comments posted with this article. Some people are seriously against princesses! They forget to let children be children and just play!

I wonder how they get past the copyright infringement too??[/QUOTE]

I agree about the comments. The poor kids…

I think the fact that you say Cinderella which is not owned by Disney, and Little Mermaid not Ariel, etc is how they get by… Guess you can call the princess beauty but not Belle? Things like that.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1133123]That is one rough looking princess.

The idea is good: I had Pocahontas show up at my bachelor party. Asking Tiger Lilly to come over would have just been wrong.[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh:

wow if that showed up at my door i’d be scared!

Some people just like to get their panties in a wad.

Those people who are so worried about WHY in the world their precious, precocious, PC daughters would be interested in princesses just kill me, as do the people who are so concerned that the image of princess is spoiled and narcissistic, that historically some monarchies have been pretty nasty. Get. A. Grip.

Have they even talked to their kids? My DD4 likes to be a princess solely because they’re sparkly and the skirts twirl out when you spin. That’s it. She’s not considering the political ramifications of a monarchy versus a constitutional republic. She’s not looking to be rescued by Prince Charming (he’s a boy, therefore a nonentity). She just LIKES GLITTER. She’s just as like to have a tea party in a princess dress as she is to ask if she can go fishing or ride her bike.

I’m just failing to see how the Princess Phenomenon is destroying her future life and her very soul.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1133133]Some people just like to get their panties in a wad.

Those people who are so worried about WHY in the world their precious, precocious, PC daughters would be interested in princesses just kill me, as do the people who are so concerned that the image of princess is spoiled and narcissistic, that historically some monarchies have been pretty nasty. Get. A. Grip.

Have they even talked to their kids? My DD4 likes to be a princess solely because they’re sparkly and the skirts twirl out when you spin. That’s it. She’s not considering the political ramifications of a monarchy versus a constitutional republic. She’s not looking to be rescued by Prince Charming (he’s a boy, therefore a nonentity). She just LIKES GLITTER. She’s just as like to have a tea party in a princess dress as she is to ask if she can go fishing or ride her bike.

I’m just failing to see how the Princess Phenomenon is destroying her future life and her very soul.[/QUOTE]

Your problem with grasping the reality of it all must be due to the fact that you are firmly grounded, hence your dd is also firmly grounded. Those that take time to negatively comment are the problem, not you Andrea.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1133133]Some people just like to get their panties in a wad.

I’m just failing to see how the Princess Phenomenon is destroying her future life and her very soul.[/QUOTE]

This. My dd always wanted to be a princess because princesses always eat cake. Actually…considering the whole Marie Antoinette thing…she was sort of right; except that Marie Antoinette never said it…but that’s neither here nor there. Let kids be kids. I was a black panther one summer - wouldn’t answer to anything else - and I turned out ok …sort of.

My DD STILL loves the Disney Princesses…and she almost 26…and married. lol. Her wedding gown was very “princess like”…along the “Belle” style…I think she turned out just fine…

I distinctly remember being in awe of Sleeping Beauty when I was young…and told everyone that I would name my child Aurora…

We all turned out fine…I hope I have granddaughters someday and I will insist that we play princess dress up…etc… :happy:

my girls just like the pretty dresses and shoes lol. they could care less about princes, power and money.