Disney planning movie based on Enchanted Tiki Room attraction?

Is it just me or is this getting a little bit out of hand?

IMO, they have made more duds than hits. While POC was an amazing trilogy (with a 4th installment on the way), lets face it, The Country Bears & The Haunted Mansion (w/Eddie Murphey) were totally lame.

Now I hear that the the reboot of “The Haunted Mansion” will be on the scary side, so that has “promise”. But “Magic Kingdom” sounds like its a carbon copy of “Night at the Museum” and “Jungle Cruise”? IDK, I guess we’ll all have to wait and see… And base our opinions on the finished product. :rolleyes:

Disney planning movie based on Enchanted Tiki Room attraction? - JoBlo.com

I’m not sure what the story line will be.

I am not a fan of this sort of thing. I have never seen “Haunted Mansion”, “The Country Bears”, nor have I been interested in any of the Pirate movies that came after the first one.

It is overkill

hmmmm…not high on my list of ‘They should really make a movie about…’ list. I didn’t care for the Haunted Mansion movie and didn’t see the Country Bears. I did enjoy the Pirates movies thus far…

If they do a good job with it, then I’m sure it will be worth a peek.

The studio has picked up the spec script TIKI from writers Ahmet Zappa and Michael Wilson, a film that’s based in the world of Polynesian mythology.

LOL. This dude… :laugh:

The Pirates movie was awesome, but that’s the only success they’ve had with making a movie based on an attraction. And it’s because the topic was so broad. Pirates. It really didn’t have anything to do with the ride since the ride didn’t have a storyline. They just used the ride’s name. And it was an action movie. And it starred Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, and Kierra Knightley (though that was really the first big hit for all of them and what they are known for now).

They made the Haunted Mansion like a comedy (probably because the ride is supposed to be funny). But family-friendly comedies just aren’t money-makers.

I have a hard time envisioning the tiki room being anything because a comedy. And it will be corny. Because the ride is corny!!!

I think Big Thunder Mountain could make a good movie. Or Expedition Everest. Because the theming for both of them is broad and there isn’t really a storyline except runaway train.

:ohmy:But i love the tiki room!!!

everyone now…
In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki tiki room
All the birds sing words and the flowers croon

:ninja:your welcome for having that song stuck in your head for the rest of the day!!!:laugh::laugh:

Not sure it would be much of a movie but yes, I am the one excited about going in there EVERY time we walk by!!!

Welcome to our tropical hideaway,
You lucky people, you -
If we weren’t in the show starting right away,
We’d be in the audience too!
All together!!!

Haha, I love the tiki room, too! I’m just saying that I can’t see it at the top of the box office.

The Tiki Room is a very … interesting (?) attraction for my family.

It seems when THE song starts to play I have to do the ‘daddy dance’. (I did it when the mini mice were still ‘mini’.) It closely resembles the groundhog dance in Caddyshack.

Depending on the crowd, and my family’s mood, the reaction ranges from mortified embarrassment to hardy laughter.

Next they will be basing a movie on Carousel of Progress!..It’s a great, big, beautiful tomorrow…

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1056201]The Tiki Room is a very … interesting (?) attraction for my family.

It seems when THE song starts to play I have to do the ‘daddy dance’. (I did it when the mini mice were still ‘mini’.) It closely resembles the groundhog dance in Caddyshack.

Depending on the crowd, and my family’s mood, the reaction ranges from mortified embarrassment to hardy laughter.[/QUOTE]

Oh, crud…there will be no sleeping tonight with THAT image tuck in my brain! :laugh:

I just don’t see a movie based on this show.

I agree with much of the above. The first POC movie was good, however, how much can you milk a tale? And Victoria, I beg to differ that this movie was the one that this was Johnny Depp’s first hit movie and what he is now known for? He has made many many fine movies long before that one!
Haunted Mansion was dire, but could have been great, and as for Tiki rooms, well the attraction doesn’t do anything for me so I’m sure the movie wont either.

If they serve Dole Whip during the movie, I’m there!

I have never been to the Enchanted Tiki Room on any of my trip to Disney, but actually a few weeks ago my oldest DD was looking through the 2010 disney guide for kids and told me she wants to go to that this year. Ofcourse, we will go, but I was just wondering…is it just a show? or a ride? or what???

[QUOTE=tinkfans;1056120]:ohmy:But i love the tiki room!!!

everyone now…
All the birds sing words and the flowers croon

:ninja:your welcome for having that song stuck in your head for the rest of the day!!!:laugh::laugh:

Not sure it would be much of a movie but yes, I am the one excited about going in there EVERY time we walk by!!![/QUOTE]

…so there are other Tiki Room lovers out there…I thought I was the only one out here…LOL…Love it!

It is an animated show. The Tiki Room Birds tell a little story and they sing etc. They are animated such as the Country Bears are so. It is a very cute show. We stop in everytime.

Thank you! :smile:

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1056201]The Tiki Room is a very … interesting (?) attraction for my family.

Depending on the crowd, and my family’s mood, the reaction ranges from mortified embarrassment to hardy laughter.[/QUOTE]

Oh I can so see you doing the dance!:blink: But, I have to admit that if we ever get to see this show together, we could mortify…or entertain…our families together!:laugh::blush::whistling