Disney Premier Visa

Is it worth it? Has anyone had any success with this?
It’s been a year since they rolled the program out and according to Visa if we had joined last year we’d have over 400 more points than we currently have. I find that hard to believe based on the high amt they say we’ve spent on groceries, and the low amt they say we’ve spent on restaurants (we eat out a fair amt). The only way I could agree with them is if they consider a store like Walmart (or any superstore) a grocery store, and accept all purchases there as groceries since Visa doesn’t have access to the actual receipts only the total spent there. Do they do that? If so then for $50 a year to get double the points I say SIGN ME UP!!

We have the Premier Visa (got it in March), and we’ve racked up points fast!!! I don’t know if Walmart is considered a grocery store or not (my Dad and I have the Disney Visas, and we don’t buy a lot of groceries), but 2% at gas stations, restaurants, and on Disney purchases has really been helping us out. Plus, girly statement here - the cards are really pretty. :laugh: I have the Enchanted Castle design, and I smile every time I pull out my credit card (yeahhh… maybe I should have gotten an ugly one! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:).

I got mine a few months ago, but more for the gift card offer than the points. When I called in to get the card, they told me that I apparently received an offer that was higher that normal. The agent was surprised. I really don’t use it that much, but the points are starting to actually accumulate. Still a personal call as to whether it’s worth it or not.

We have the Visa card, love it, but not the premier, what is the difference?

Was thinking about upgrading … mainly because it will be free the first year with the gift card offer. We get a mailer to upgrade at least once a month STill can’t decide if we should “upgrade” or not.

It’s worth it for us. What we’ll earn “extra” in points between gas/groceries/restaurants will more than make up for the cost of upgrading. You really just have to do the math, and figure out if you’ll earn more than $50 extra in points.

That’s what I’m trying to figure. If they allow purchases from a superstore, which happens to sell groceries then I’m sold on it. I guess I was looking at it as “food” purchases is what qualified and not thinking of all the other shelf items.

Premier has an annual $49.99 fee attached but you get 2% back instead of the 1%, but it’s only on groceries, gas, and restaurants.

And Disney!

So if you’re going on a trip to WDW and you put it all on your Disney Premier Visa, that’s double the points you would’ve gotten with regular.

I’d say if you’re going to WDW this year, it’s definitely worth the cost of upgrading.

Gawsh :blush:, how could I ever forget that one.
That’s the most important thing on the list :laugh:

It was definitely worth it for us to upgrade. I just got my first statement and we earned $85! We usually get around $25-$30, so it paid for itself in one month.

on your disney chase online account, go to “my accounts” and then “see statements.”
At the bottom, you’ll see a place to click on your year end summary for the past couple of years. They break down all of your purchases into categories, and tell you which stores are in what category.
for me, walmart and target sometimes showed up as grocery, and sometimes as “discount store,” so take a look! I hope it helps.

Thx, that answered a lot of my questions.

The Good- ALL my Walmart/Target purchases were listed under Groceries. (But we know the truth heehee)
The Bad- some of my gas purchases on base weren’t counted since they were paid for inside the shoppette instead of at the pump. I can fix that one, just always pay at the pump.
What “could be” the Ugly IF our’s took Visa (not sure if others do) is Sam’s Wholesale is listed as Clubs and Discount stores. That could hurt someone, like my mom, who buys 80% of her groceries there.

I’m signing up today :mickey:

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1114645]Thx, that answered a lot of my questions.

The Good- ALL my Walmart/Target purchases were listed under Groceries. (But we know the truth heehee)
The Bad- some of my gas purchases on base weren’t counted since they were paid for inside the shoppette instead of at the pump. I can fix that one, just always pay at the pump.
What “could be” the Ugly IF our’s took Visa (not sure if others do) is Sam’s Wholesale is listed as Clubs and Discount stores. That could hurt someone, like my mom, who buys 80% of her groceries there.

I’m signing up today :mickey:[/QUOTE]

I too wish that the wholesale clubs counted as grocery, but I understand why they aren’t.

Glad that info helped!