Disney Quest

On all of our trips this place has been one of
da boys favorite things at WDW:happy: But
its been about a year since we have been there
and I was wondering if its still in good condition
with all games up and running? Anybody been
there lately? I thank you kindly

Still running full speed ahead and last time I was there nothing was down for refurb or anything!

We were there late last month. All was well.
Except of course that multi player VR game on the top floor. But that’s been SBNO for several years now. I guess it’s more of a hassle to remove it that to simply hang a “closed” sigh in front.

SBNO= Standing But Not Operating.

Everything’s up and running, but much of the lustre is gone. Nothing appears to be in tip-top condition (except Pirates of the Caribbean).

For the rapids ride, one boat always seems to be down, the virtual coaster had some video quality issues.

Franco, it’s only worth doing if you really want to do it and everyone is willing to accept that certain games might not be in great shape. It really can be a lot of fun, especially if it’s raining out, really cold out or really hot out.

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;1005747]
Franco, it’s only worth doing if you really want to do it and everyone is willing to accept that certain games might not be in great shape.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Many of the classic arcade games are in pretty poor shape.
In this regard, I’ve seen mall arcades that were better maintained.
There really should be no excuse for not having certified, qualified machine repair and maintenance on duty at all times. Not when you’re paying $40 for a one day ticket. And no excuse for not keeping Mr Do, Dig Dug, and Galaga in better shape.

Actually for me Disney quest is not worth doing since they got rid of the Jeep floor game. Does anyone remember that?? You needed two people to manuver a Jeep through a maze in the floor through I think 8 check points. We would play that for hours it was so much fun. I believe they closed that sometime between 2004 and 2007.

I heard it’s rumored to close? :ph34r::ph34r:

Justin, that’s an old rumor that has since been refuted.
Especially with Virgin Megastore now closed, closing Disney Quest would leave a huge hole in West Side DTD.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1005868]Justin, that’s an old rumor that has since been refuted.
Especially with Virgin Megastore now closed, closing Disney Quest would leave a huge hole in West Side DTD.[/QUOTE]

I miss that store. I cannot believe they have that Princess Diana thing in there now. No one ever in there either. Plain stupid :pinch:

I never shopped Virgin Megastore.
Their prices are too high when compared to Best Buy and Amazon.
It may be only $1, but those dollars add up quickly.
Also, the last thing I want to do when I’m in WDW is shop for CDs.
There also used to be a guitar store in the West Side. It’s now an art gallery.
I never understood the guitar store being there. I knew it wouldn’t last.
Virgin is entirely different. That really surprised me, but maybe the just didn’t get enough traffic to be worth keeping it open.
What will close next? Orlando Harley Davidson? That’s another “store” that doesn’t make sense.
Even Ron Jon Surf Shop never made it.