Disney questions

so what would be the easiest and cheapest way to get from lax to disneyland. does disneyland offer a “magical express”.
next we want to do a day or two in san diego to go to the wild animal park, we would probably have to rent a car to do that huh? how far is it from disney? are there car rental places in the area? or is there a shuttle?
secondly which of the resorts is the best. i am hoping that next year the suites will cast the same. i was looking at grand californian but am starting to lean towards disneyland hotel. it seems more kid friendly. i read somewhere they have suites with “Character corners” for the kids? i couldn’t find that when i pretended to book online (still far out but wanted to get some ideas).
how does paradise pier compare and which rooms have the best views?
with the dining plans you get 1 character meal. which one would be the best for a 5 and 3 yr old.
do they have a bibbidy bobbidy boutique there?
how many days should we plan on if we want to go to san diego too?
right now they are offering 3 days with 2 days free. that seems like a lot of days for my dh (i could stay there forever lol). he’s saying 2 days, i’m saying 4 maybe three at the VERY least. we’ve never been and probably won’t be able to go back for a long time so i want to do everything lol!
any other help you can give me will be awesome. we’re planning memorial day week or the week after (first or second week in june). i am also open to a good neighbor hotel if it looks like flights will be ridiculous (can’t price those out til close to time to leave since we don’t know if my job will move me before then).

p.s. this is all for NEXT year. but since we’ve never been, i want to plan way ahead lol!

woo hoo got my first pin ever!!! too bad we can’t go til next year:(

Enjoy great rates at the Hotels of the
Disneyland® Resort

from $163* per night in a standard room at
Disney’s Paradise Pier® Hotel,
from $182* per night in a standard room at
Disneyland® Hotel,
from $247* per night in a standard room at
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa.

Valid for arrivals most nights 4/25/10–5/27/10,
11/1/10–11/18/10 and 12/1/10–12/16/10.

We spent 7 days. Stayed at Ramada Maingate 5 min walk from DL. An unknown Holiday Inn on Sunset Strip and a Days Inn in Old town (scary area after dark though! I am from a big city and I was creeped out.)
LA (Hollywood/Universal Studios) - 2 days -Plenty of time- Hollywood is kinda of boring unless you have a premier going on or want to do tours. I HIGHLY suggest the Dearly Departed tour company- the dirt behind Hollywood- ahem… NOT for kids though unless they are too young to understand the complexities of adult behavior!!! :slight_smile:
Disneyland- 3 days -could have stayed one more day b/c of the magic! DL is the size of MK essentially. People may argue but that is what it feels like to me.
San Diego- Seaworld and Old Town/coast - 2 days (plenty except we missed the zoo so one more day could have been added.
We bought the California combo pass thing with tickets to all. I think it included the zoo but we never got there!
You will need to rent a car. LAX to Disneyland was about a half hour I think? Another couple of hours to San Diego. Maybe we were dawdling… it was a long time ago! Beautiful ride down parts of the coast- some areas are really nice.
It is a neat trip. But tell DH if you are only going once… take advantage of it and stay longer. You could even do 2 days at DL on the way down and 2 on the way back.