I am adding one more that we like. Come on people, sahres yours too! I am HUNGRY!!!
[B][U]Mushroom Medley [/U][/B]
(from Rose & Crown Pub, Epcot)
1 T mild olive oil
2 T fresh garlic, chopped
4 T fresh shallots, chopped
1 c button mushrooms, sliced
1 c shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 c portabello mushrooms, sliced
1 c crimini mushrooms, sliced
1 c dry white wine
2 c heavy cream
salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, saute shallots and garlic in olive oil until they are turning clear.
- Add the mushrooms starting with the buttons, crimini, portabellos, and the shiitakes last. Give three minutes between each batch.
- Add white wine and simmer for five minutes.
- Add heavy cream, bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes or until you get the correct thickness; make sure it coats the back of a spoon well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
((Revision: We do not use the shiitakes and substitute extra criminis instead.))