Disney Recipes!

[I][B][COLOR=“Black”]Welcome!

This is MB’s new sticky thread where we can all share the amazing recipes we’ve collected from the parks, resorts and other WDW and DL areas!

When you post, if you have the actual recipe from the restaurant, please post it as is, then add your notes and revisions at the end.

This is going to be so fun, since we all have favorite foods from vacation, and now everybody can taste them all! YUM! :biggrin:[/COLOR][/B][/I]

'Ohana Honey Lime Salad Dressing
(from Disney’s Polynesian Resort)

1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup diced white onion
1 cup canola oil

Directions:

1. Place all ingredients except oil into blender; mix till smooth.
  2. Slowly add oil until well incorporated into dressing.

(Seriously, this should be on everyone’s must-make list. Tastes amazing with Hawaiian Bread, which we have at all our grocery stores)

Cape May Cafe Corn Casserole
(from Disney’s Beach Club Resort)

1 can whole kernel yellow corn, undrained
1 can cream style yellow corn
1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
2 eggs, beaten
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 stick butter, melted

Mix all together and pour into large, lightly oiled casserole dish. Bake at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes.

(We have this at every holiday, and the kids have always called it “Disney corn” because they ate massive piles of it at Cape May Cafe every time they dined there.)

Hollywood Brown Derby’s Poinsettia Cocktail
(from Disney’s Hollywood Studios)

1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
3 ounces cranberry juice, chilled
champagne, chilled

In a wine goblet or champagne flute, combine the liqueur and the chilled cranberry juice. Top with the champagne, and serve. May also be served on ice in a short cocktail glass.

(This is beautiful for the holidays. Tastes like Christmas, each and every sip!)

I have made corn pudding very similar to that one and I have made that dressing. YUMMY!!!

Just made this a “sticky” - enjoy!

I was going to try and make the Fish and Chips. What is ‘flat’ beer?

Having never let a beer get warm, I’m stumped. Is it a British thing?

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1130789]I was going to try and make the Fish and Chips. What is ‘flat’ beer?

Having never let a beer get warm, I’m stumped. Is it a British thing?[/QUOTE]

Just that. Warm beer with the fuzz gone.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1130789]I was going to try and make the Fish and Chips. What is ‘flat’ beer?

Having never let a beer get warm, I’m stumped. Is it a British thing?[/QUOTE]

Pour an American beer, leave it around to get warm AND flat, and you’ll have the perfect beer for making beer battered fish and chips- worth it I promise:happy:

THis is the exact reason I could not stomach American beer when we returned from the UK in 1989. Let the garbage they call beer on this side of the pond get warmer than 45 degrees and the cheap stench takes over. :blow::blow::blow:

Just so excited to see this thread getting some posts!!! I hope everyone will see this, jump in and start adding some special WDW recipes that we can all enjoy at home!

I am adding one more that we like. Come on people, sahres yours too! I am HUNGRY!!!

Mushroom Medley
(from Rose & Crown Pub, Epcot)

1 T mild olive oil
2 T fresh garlic, chopped
4 T fresh shallots, chopped
1 c button mushrooms, sliced
1 c shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 c portabello mushrooms, sliced
1 c crimini mushrooms, sliced
1 c dry white wine
2 c heavy cream
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

1. In a large pot, saute shallots and garlic in olive oil until they are turning clear.
  2. Add the mushrooms starting with the buttons, crimini, portabellos, and the shiitakes last. Give three minutes between each batch.
  3. Add white wine and simmer for five minutes.
  4. Add heavy cream, bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes or until you get the correct thickness; make sure it coats the back of a spoon well.
  5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

((Revision: We do not use the shiitakes and substitute extra criminis instead.))

What size casserole dish is needed for the corn casserole?

I use 9x11. I love this dish.

I have made some of the recipes from the little recipe book they sell at Marrakech (morocco in Epcot) I don’t know where the booklet is right now though. I’ll look for it.

Marrakech is one of our favorites. :happy:

Grey Goose Citron Slushie
(France Pavilion, Epcot)

The official recipe is: 2 parts Grey Goose Citron vodka, 2 parts sweet and sour mix, 1 part simple syrup. Blend with ice.

((Alterations: We throw 2 c Grey Goose Citron vodka and 2 c good-quality lemonade into the blender with ice and a bunch of fresh lemon zest. Hit that button, and voila!, magic!))

This is Tajin. It is the amazing spice they roll the margarita glass rims in at Cava del Tequila. You can buy it here on this link, or you can grab a bottle at the gift shop in Mexico. It is so good, on melons, cocktails, even edamame!

Margarita recipe to follow!

TAJIN

Mango Margarita
(from Cava del Tequila)

1 shot tequila
11 oz. mango nectar
1 oz. simple syrup
1 lime
1 T Tajin

1. In a shaker or large glass, mix together tequila, mango nectar and simple syrup. If ingredients were not cold, shake with ice.
  2. Cut lime into wedges and run one wedge along the rim of two margarita glasses.
  3. Spread Tajin into a circle on a small plate. Turn margarita glasses upside down and press rims into the seasoning until rims are well coated.
  4. Squeeze juice from all the lime wedges in the shaker/large glass and mix well.
  5. Divide margarita evenly between the two glasses, straining ice.

((You can use any chili lime seasoning, sold in the Mexican foods aisle at our grocery))

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a warm beer at my house.

I followed the recipe from the Rose & Crown last night. May I say …NAILED IT! It was worth the extra time to marinate etc.

Broke my Polish heart to have a beer get warm and go flat.