Disney remaking The Haunted Mansion movie

Guillermo del Toro will be directing…I can’t wait!!
Comic-Con 2010: Guillermo Del Toro Leaves Middle Earth For A Haunted Mansion - G4tv.com

That is very cool. The Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride. I hope it is better than the Eddie Murphy movie (that stunk)

I just saw this posted on WDWnews.com

I love Del Toro films! (: Plus, the hatbox ghost? Brilliant! Can’t wait!

I could not be more excited!! Finally! haha. Pan’s Labyrinth was amazing! Excited to see how this goes! :blush:

I was telling my parents about it and this is how it went…

ME: “Mom! They are redoing the Haunted Mansion movie but scarier… The same guy who did Pan’s Labyrinth… have you ever seen that?”
MOM: “Oh yeah, really? I’ve seen that.”
ME: “Are you sure? … Not the one with David Bowie.”
MOM: “Oh… then nevermind.”

Hahahaha, love her<3 :laugh:
Me

[QUOTE=brit;1041446]That is very cool. The Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride. I hope it is better than the Eddie Murphy movie (that stunk)

I just saw this posted on WDWnews.com[/QUOTE]

I sorta like the Eddie Murphy movie…:blush:

haha, then again I love dumb kids movies! :wub:

I didn’t dislike the first Haunted Mansion movie either. That would be a good poll, which movie made from a Disney ride or attraction is the best?

i liked the eddie murphy move also i thought it was cute. in fact we just watched it the other night. i hope it isnt scarey… I think that would ruin the story.

I didn’t enjoy the HM movie too much but would be keen to see a re-make. And StaceyD I thought the same as your mum about Pan’s Labyrinth- I thought it was the Bowie version-showing our age I guess :happy:

Coming soon to a theater near you, Hall of Presidents: The Movie. With the featurette ‘Pecos Bill Cafe’.

The Country Bears was atrocious (IMO), POC, first one was great, the second was good, the third was tooooooooooo long and convoluted. The fourth?

The Haunted Mansion was cute but could have been better.

I can’t wait to see his take on haunted mansion! His films are amazing!

concept art
Comic-Con ‘Haunted Mansion’ Concept Art! - FEARnet

[QUOTE=disney1;1041572]Coming soon to a theater near you, Hall of Presidents: The Movie. With the featurette ‘Pecos Bill Cafe’.

The Country Bears was atrocious (IMO), POC, first one was great, the second was good, the third was tooooooooooo long and convoluted. The fourth?

The Haunted Mansion was cute but could have been better.[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha that was wicked funny!!! hahahahaha i was just laughing out loud at work.

do you think they will make a tron ride?

A remake already? Wow, well that gives me something to look fwd to, but I liked the movie with Eddie Murphy.

I’'m glad they are giving it a second chance. It always felt like they missed the boat with the Eddie Murphy movie: not really funny/not really scary.

YouTube - SDCC Haunted Mansion Reboot Teaser Trailer - Guillermo del Toro

I would love to see a decent remake of the Tower of Terror movie. We have to made for TV one from several years ago and it’s OK, but a big budget flick would be great!