Disney Rumor: Paying for Fastpass?

I had heard from someone, not sure who, but that sooner or later, Disney is going to start charging for Fast Passes. Has anybody else heard this, or does anybody know if this is completely false? Thanks! :slight_smile:

That rumor has been around for a long time… perhaps since Universal began charging for their Express Pass system (around 2005/6) which had previously functioned like Disney’s FastPass.

Will it become true with the new FastPass+ system? Only time will tell.

What I have heard is that, sometime down the road, after the Fastpass+ system has rolled out completely, that the number of Fastpass+ reservations you’ll be able to make will be tied to the resort you stay at: e.g. x per day for staying at a value resort, x+1 per day for moderate, and x+2 per day for staying at a deluxe. So no direct charge for fastpass, but indirectly you are paying for it. This is still all speculation, however, so time will tell.

Does this sound a little bit like we are going back to tickets for individual rides? But the 21st century?
" Hey Dad, can we please rise that again?" " Ok honey, we just need to get some more tickets"… Now it’s just fast passes, lol

[QUOTE=hanwill;1131232]Does this sound a little bit like we are going back to tickets for individual rides? But the 21st century?
" Hey Dad, can we please rise that again?" " Ok honey, we just need to get some more tickets"… Now it’s just fast passes, lol[/QUOTE]

…it does sound like that doesn’t it!!

I want to call BS or for you vets, bravo sierra, on this. Just because you’re staying at a more costly resort should not mean you get more FPs than a value guest, mod guest, or a day tripper. If they want to play that game, they might as well just do the Universal style hotel fast pass where your room key puts you at the front of almost every ride’s line. But we’ve talked about that before and we all seem to agree that with close to 28 hotels with 35,000 rooms that would be a real mess. Uni only has 3 hotels (4th under construction) and there aren’t more than 3600 rooms.

I agree Soundgod…

I hope they keep it the way it is.