Disney Store and Gift Cards

So, Disneystore.com is having their annual sale with an additional 25% off. Got some things and went to pay with my left over Disney Gift Cards from our anniversary trip. When checking out, it will only allow me to use one gift card. The screen only has one line for one card number, and then at the bottom to list a credit card “if the gift card doesn’t cover the entire amount.” What’s with that? I didn’t want to charge anything to my credit card, I had plenty in my gift cards to cover the entire purchase. I just don’t understand why they always have to make things so complicated.

I found this on the website…perhaps you have seen it but just in case…I don’t understand why they don’t let you use more than one gift card…it doesn’t make sense …using a credit card for the rest is just as time consuming for Disney as a second gift card…:blink:

:mickey:How do I redeem my DisneyStore.com Online Gift Card?

At DisneyStore.com, simply enter the DisneyStore.com Online Gift Card number found in your recipient email into the Gift Card Information box on the payment page along with a credit card number (required for Gift Card purchases at DisneyStore.com). If the total of your purchase exceeds the amount on your DisneyStore.com Online Gift Card, the balance will be charged to your credit card. Please note: you may only use one Gift Card per order.
What if I don’t have a credit card?
A credit card is required when placing an order using an Online Gift Card.:mickey:

Plus also, don’t they get charged a fee when accepting payment via credit card? Makes sense to me that the purchase would have been more profitable to them by accepting my gift cards than incurring a cc fee.

Anyways, happy with the purchase though. Was one of the lucky ones to get the only Douney & Bourke purse that was on sale. Then with the additional 25% off, it “almost” made it affordable. My gift cards were the saving grace that was going to make it affordable!:laugh:

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1128193]Plus also, don’t they get charged a fee when accepting payment via credit card. Makes sense to me that the purchase would have been more profitable to them by accepting my gift cards than incurring a cc fee.

Anyways, happy with the purchase though. Was one of the lucky ones to get the only Douney & Bourke purse that was on sale. Then with the additional 25% off, it “almost” made it affordable. My gift cards were the saving grace that was going to make it affordable!:laugh:[/QUOTE]

…your’re right!! I forgot about the bank fees involved…that makes it even more stupid doesn’t it?? Send an email off to customer service…other companies let you just keep clicking on the gift card to keep adding one to the cart.

I love gift cards!! I make purchases with them that I wouldn’t ordinarily – it’s like Christmas or Birthday all over again…

Which purse did you get? My DD got a really nice D&B at WDW last summer that she gets lots of compliments on. It was her big spend of the trip, but it is holding up really well so she can use it for a long time…

So here is my question, if it pleases the court. Why can you not search by Winnie the Pooh on that web site? Please tell me things haven’t gotten worse between Dis and the family. When we were there before Pooh corner closed we talked to the manager and she said that there was a big fight going on between the family and Dis and that’s why they were closing the corner.
I don’t really care about Pooh and friends but my first mate is a FANATIC!

[QUOTE=Captain Bax;1128211]So here is my question, if it pleases the court. Why can you not search by Winnie the Pooh on that web site? Please tell me things haven’t gotten worse between Dis and the family. When we were there before Pooh corner closed we talked to the manager and she said that there was a big fight going on between the family and Dis and that’s why they were closing the corner.
I don’t really care about Pooh and friends but my first mate is a FANATIC![/QUOTE]

Oh my…I hadn’t heard anything about this. I thought Poohs corner closed because of the new Fantasyland…Pooh and friends as been a part of Disney for as long as I can remember…I can’t imagine a parting of the ways…

[QUOTE=Captain Bax;1128211]So here is my question, if it pleases the court. Why can you not search by Winnie the Pooh on that web site? Please tell me things haven’t gotten worse between Dis and the family. When we were there before Pooh corner closed we talked to the manager and she said that there was a big fight going on between the family and Dis and that’s why they were closing the corner.
I don’t really care about Pooh and friends but my first mate is a FANATIC![/QUOTE]

Which website are you talking about? The Disneystore? I just typed in Winnie the Pooh and turned up a whole bunch of items…

The pooh place I was writing about was the pooh store at DTD. They closed it sometime early last year after a legal fight with the family of the writer. But good catch on the store. Pooh was there when I searched for it. It just didn’t show up when I browsed where I thought it should be.

Marketplace Fun Finds store opens at Downtown Disney - Orlando Attractions Magazine