Disney Store at MOA

I was just at the Disney Store at the Mall of America a couple of weeks ago and was very disappointed to see that most of what is available is still the junky toy stuff from before. There were two endcaps that had a couple of lanyard pins and a shelf with a few collectibles, another with a couple of mugs and some water bottles, but most of it was stuffed animals, plastic kids toys and cheap art sets for the little ones. I saw one pair of pajamas for adults there, but nothing like they used to have.

I talked to a CM there and asked her if she knew anything about a changing out of merchandise to more resemble the product you can get in WDW and, with a haughty look, she said, “Did you get your info from the official Walt Disney Company site, or from one of those gossip sites?” Grrr… I felt like informing her that her attitude was very UN-Disney and that I wouldn’t be back until she acquired a better one and better merchandise.

Sigh…

Good thing I have money tucked away for shopping at the real thing in June.

Jennifer

Horrible! I was hoping to go tomorrow since I have a LONG way to go until the real thing!
The last time I was there, the CM actually gave me a website that SHE chats on and encouraged me to join! We talked for quite a while about the parks and adult only trips. She was so sweet!
Wow! Just goes to show that service can depend on the day.
Maybe I will still go and report back on the current situation at MOA Disney Store :slight_smile:

Please do, zoey9797! Maybe you can find out something different. I was so frustrated with her attitude. I was even more frustrated when my two youngest picked up a couple of the junky, plastic toys and planned to spend their savings on them. Luckily we talked them into thinking about it for awhile and they decided to spend their $$ in the Kingdom instead!

Looking forward to hearing better news from your venture into Disney MOA!

[QUOTE=jen9804;1020239]I was just at the Disney Store at the Mall of America a couple of weeks ago and was very disappointed to see that most of what is available is still the junky toy stuff from before. There were two endcaps that had a couple of lanyard pins and a shelf with a few collectibles, another with a couple of mugs and some water bottles, but most of it was stuffed animals, plastic kids toys and cheap art sets for the little ones. I saw one pair of pajamas for adults there, but nothing like they used to have.

I talked to a CM there and asked her if she knew anything about a changing out of merchandise to more resemble the product you can get in WDW and, with a haughty look, she said, “Did you get your info from the official Walt Disney Company site, or from one of those gossip sites?” Grrr… I felt like informing her that her attitude was very UN-Disney and that I wouldn’t be back until she acquired a better one and better merchandise.

Sigh…

Good thing I have money tucked away for shopping at the real thing in June.

Jennifer[/QUOTE]

WOw what a miserable woman and so unlike the awesome ladies at my Disney store in NJ. I wouldn’t shop there either…bleh to them.

Our store has VERy little adult merchandise, but a nice selection of children’s. They do have the crappy plastic toys and what not, but displayed very well.

I just saw something on the Mall today on the Travel Channel.