Disney Store Ticket question

I purchased a 6 day base ticket at the Disney Store last week.I was wondering when I got into Disney am I able to upgrade that ticket to a AP?
I called the DS and they each give me different answers as well as WDW CM’s

That’s a very good question. It’s a shame that you can’t find someone that actually knows the answer. Hopefully someone here on MB will be able to help you out.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;863549]I purchased a 6 day base ticket at the Disney Store last week.I was wondering when I got into Disney am I able to upgrade that ticket to a AP?
I called the DS and they each give me different answers as well as WDW CM’s[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can use that ticket to upgrade to an AP. WDW ticket is a WDW ticket. doesn’t matter where you bought it. Save your receipts.

I agree, a ticket is a ticket and you should have no trouble upgrading to an AP.

Yes you can do this, I did a few years ago at GS at DTD. Make sure you take your receipt showing the date you purchased the ticket because I had a problem with my DS ticket having an old date on the card and GS making my expiration date the same as the date on the DS ticket. Also, make sure you know exactly how much the upgrade should cost you and don’t rely on CM, that was a problem for me too. They over charged me. Took a few minutes and a supervisor to get it straight.

Thanks for the info:heart: So I take the price of the AP I want and then minus what I paid before taxes?

I also did this with no problem at all last trip. We stayed at the Poly and they upgraded our tickets right at the concierge desk for me.:happy:

I Just called WDW and the CM said it will be another $250 to upgrade. I have to sit down and see how many more times I will be going for 2009. This year I went a total of 17 days and that includes my Dec trip. NOw IF I get a AP and I start it on Dec 27 2008 I have untill Dec 27 2008 for my last day. So if I went Dec 28th of 2009 I will have to have another pass???

Yes, you would need a new pass.

Several of us on here has called Disney, spoken with a CM & have gotten several different answers on the same question. The last CM I spoke to told me to ask them once I got to WDW. I guess you had better do the same.

Which question? Upgrading to an AP with another pass? That can be done no matter where you bought your pass.

No, it was another question but like us who called, we got several different answers to the same question. I was saying that since she is receiving different info from the CMs, her best bet was to ask in person when she got down there. That is what the last CMs advice was to me.

Ignore me, I get so confused sometimes.

NP. Confusion is a way of life with me. lol

Did Ginger answer your ticket question for you? I don’t remember now.

I called again today and was now told it would only be $150 for the upgrade.

See… This is what I mean about calling the CM’s. We should just get a bunch of MBers to work for central reservations!!

I’m having a Senior moment here. Ginger? The last CM I spoke to told me to speak to someone at WDW when I got down there.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;863549]I purchased a 6 day base ticket at the Disney Store last week.I was wondering when I got into Disney am I able to upgrade that ticket to a AP?
I called the DS and they each give me different answers as well as WDW CM’s[/QUOTE]

You absolutely can upgrade the ticket. Make sure that you keep your reciept. I would also make copies of the ticket just in case.

Ginger is Gingita (a MouseBuzz member) who works at WDW at the Poly. She is trained in tickets so she could give you a final answer since she does this stuff every day at work.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;864456]I called again today and was now told it would only be $150 for the upgrade.

See… This is what I mean about calling the CM’s. We should just get a bunch of MBers to work for central reservations!![/QUOTE]

Look up the price for an AP and subtract what you paid and that’s what it should cost you to upgrade. The CMs at CRO really don’t deal in this stuff, they can sell you a new ticket but they don’t do anything with upgrade and changing tickets around.