Disney Tackles Major Theme Park Problem: Lines

By BROOKS BARNES
Published: December 27, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. — Deep in the bowels of Walt Disney World, inside an underground bunker called the Disney Operational Command Center, technicians know that you are standing in line and that you are most likely annoyed about it. Their clandestine mission: to get you to the fun faster.

Read more here . . .

Hey some of these ideas sound fantastic. I would welcome any move to make waiting in line more fun after all thats what we go for.
I like the idea of staff knowing your name after visiting the parks a few times (by the magic of technology)

I have seen the new line at Pooh’s ride on youtube and that looks such fun for the kids.

Over her in the UK at Alton Towers theme park you can get a video of you and your family/ Friends as you spend the day in the park - it works by identifying you and your party by your ID bracelet this triggers the video to record you at different locations throughout the park…

Jimbo that sounds really cool what you say Alton Towers does. Some people would not like having it done but it would be a great addition to the photopass program.
Disney has always done a good job of making lines feel like they are moving. However, with kids it can be very hard. Some rides like BTMR are just dreadfully boring. I remember having to wait about 1.5hrs for that ride years ago

I posted pictures of our experience here: http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-theme-parks/56474-winnie-pooh-queue.html#post1060010

Lines with kids never really mix well so anything to pass a longer than 15 min wait is awesome. Kudos for Disney for trying to stay on top of things.:pirate:

Christina

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1060274]By BROOKS BARNES
Published: December 27, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. — Deep in the bowels of Walt Disney World, inside an underground bunker called the Disney Operational Command Center, technicians know that you are standing in line and that you are most likely annoyed about it. Their clandestine mission: to get you to the fun faster.

Read more here . . .[/QUOTE]

Great article - thanks for posting. Very interesting reading. Disney never ceases to amaze me.

Another example of what makes Disney Disney. In other words, better than everyone else.