Disney Templates

don’t know if this has been posted before but go to Disney Templates once clicking on link. The more things change, the more they stay the same:happy:

Disney Templates - CollegeHumor Video

Very interesting how they are the same!! Watching each movie, i wouldnt have realized it (obviously!) but now that they are put together like that…WOW!!

Wow! I bet we’ve all watched those movies a hundred times, and I bet that none of us would have ever noticed that they’re all so similar.

Just showed this to my kids, and it really upset DD10. I think she feels like Disney cheated somehow.

Sorry:blush:

aww that’s disappointing. I can’t believe I didn’t pick up on some of those sooner though! Especially since the Robin Hood/Snow White dance scenes seem to be IDENTICAL the entire way through. :huh:

Nah. It’s okay. It’s my fault for sharing it with them. I thought they would find it as interesting as I did. She’s already over it.:laugh:

Robin Hood is my FAVORITE Disney movie!

That was wild!

Wow, that sort of made me blue.:crying:

Oh my gosh, that’s amazing. I’m not really feeling cheated, here. It’s a clever reuse of “choreography.” :laugh: I also think it’s amazing that people caught this - and none of us have!

I’ve seen that and I love it. :laugh:

And has anyone else noticed the same cell from Bambi (where he and his momma are eating the new spring grass) being used in like 5 different movies since? The ones I know off the top of my head are: Jungle Book, The Rescuers, Sword in the Stone. I know there’s more… Cheeeeaaaaap. :laugh: Oh well… I wonder if Walt would have approved.

I can’t believe someone found all of those matching clips, I can’t imagine how long that must have taken. Definitely some fun “research” though!:laugh: I would have never noticed any of those in a million years.

Wow that was very interesting! I’m going to have to ask some of my animator friends about it!

To be honest I don’t find it dissapointing at all, if anything we should be dissapointed in the human animal for being such suckers for familiarity. :laugh: It’s a psychological thing in my opinion; along the same vein of returning someplace where everyone knows your name. I think we feel subliminally comforted by the ‘familiar,’ so often pieces in pop culture will be re-replicated in small ways to convince us that we can already ‘relate’ or feel comfortable with that image because we’ve seen it before.

Think about it this way, if EACH time you visited WDW or DL the Peter Pan ride was COMPLETELY different inside would you have such an emotional/fuzzy attachment to it? Probably not. Those ‘templates’ are just subliminal ‘reminders’ that suggest, “you’ve seen this before, it’s nostalgic, & it makes you have a warm & fuzzy attachment to it.” :laugh:

It’s all about emotional attachments my friends! :tongue:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;969780]To be honest I don’t find it dissapointing at all, if anything we should be dissapointed in the human animal for being such suckers for familiarity. :laugh: It’s a psychological thing in my opinion; along the same vein of returning someplace where everyone knows your name. I think we feel subliminally comforted by the ‘familiar,’ so often pieces in pop culture will be re-replicated in small ways to convince us that we can already ‘relate’ or feel comfortable with that image because we’ve seen it before.

Think about it this way, if EACH time you visited WDW or DL the Peter Pan ride was COMPLETELY different inside would you have such an emotional/fuzzy attachment to it? Probably not. Those ‘templates’ are just subliminal ‘reminders’ that suggest, “you’ve seen this before, it’s nostalgic, & it makes you have a warm & fuzzy attachment to it.” :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Wish, just curious but by any chance would you be a psych major???:wink:

Not cheap, it’s totally a technique & Walt was the INVENTOR of this technique in the Disney company, why do you think he used Main St., USA as an entry way into his original park? Familiar, relatable, & the attachment TOTALLY keeps us all coming back for more. :laugh:

No, not at all! Could have never handled all that biology & stuff. :laugh: Never took a psych class in my life. :angel:

On the other hand, another theory that could perhaps work with mine as well, would be that mayyyyybe during the times that the replications happened were times when the studios weren’t doing so well? Maybe there were labour disputes, or financial troubles with the animators & instead of creating 100% original films with EVERY single frame being brand new they just slapped a few re-painted characters onto the cells before throwing them in that Llamda machine thing?

I don’t know the mechanics of vintage animation but I know a lot of the ladies in the “ink & paint” department were cheaper labor than highly skilled animators. Maybe they were instructed to just change the outlines & then they’d use the same animation movement?

Anyway, two theories from me. :laugh:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;969789]On the other hand, another theory that could perhaps work with mine as well, would be that mayyyyybe during the times that the replications happened were times when the studios weren’t doing so well? Maybe there were labour disputes, or financial troubles with the animators & instead of creating 100% original films with EVERY single frame being brand new they just slapped a few re-painted characters onto the cells before throwing them in that Llamda machine thing?

I don’t know the mechanics of vintage animation but I know a lot of the ladies in the “ink & paint” department were cheaper labor than highly skilled animators. Maybe they were instructed to just change the outlines & then they’d use the same animation movement?

Anyway, two theories from me. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Well… The Jungle Book was released in 1967 and Robin Hood in 1973, so both were in the works during the construction of “The Florida Project,” which would definitely be eating up a great deal of the company’s funds.