Disney to cut spending

Disney theme parks: NextGen, Fantasyland drive Disney theme-park spending even higher - OrlandoSentinel.com

OMG…they are going to offer ride booking ahead of time??? Good heavens…we’ll have to plan each day at the parks down to the second!!! What has happened to good ole spontaneity???

Perhaps this isn’t what I’m I interpreting it to be…but I don’t like to plan dini g reservations now…if I have to plan what ride when ahead of time…the fun will all be gone for me…:glare:

I hate to be the guy with the bad news but…there is a possible big slow down coming. I think we are seeing Disney prepping their budgets based on the forecast over the next couple years.

2013 is looking like it is going to be rough finically. If the Euro falls apart it could be sooner. We created a paper barrier instead of turning away from the cliff we are speeding towards.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1113764]OMG…they are going to offer ride booking ahead of time??? Good heavens…we’ll have to plan each day at the parks down to the second!!! What has happened to good ole spontaneity???

Perhaps this isn’t what I’m I interpreting it to be…but I don’t like to plan dini g reservations now…if I have to plan what ride when ahead of time…the fun will all be gone for me…:glare:[/QUOTE]

This is the XPass we’ve talking about for months that was “rumored” as a perk for the Deluxe Resort guests. Some like it, most don’t.

After reading the article, this is the thing I have a question about;

The first phase of the Shanghai project, which will include a Magic Kingdom-style theme park, two hotels and a Downtown Disney-style retail area, is expected to cost $4.4 billion and take five years to build. Disney is financing 43 percent of the cost, with the Chinese government picking up the remainder.

With China funding 57% of this park does that mean they’re going to have more of a say so on what will happen in the park? Like stock holders, wouldn’t they technically “own” a larger part of the park than Disney? I wonder if it would change the Disney standard?

I didn’t realize this was the xpass…if this is what everyone’s talking about I definitely don’t want it…

meee either :happy:

Does a “prudent period for the company” mean “ridiculous increase in cost of tix, food, merchandise”?

Yes I believe it does! :ohmy:

Inflation is here…have seen the price of milk lately?

Disney’s cost is raising like everyone else’s.

[QUOTE=DisneyFreak78;1113790]After reading the article, this is the thing I have a question about;

The first phase of the Shanghai project, which will include a Magic Kingdom-style theme park, two hotels and a Downtown Disney-style retail area, is expected to cost $4.4 billion and take five years to build. Disney is financing 43 percent of the cost, with the Chinese government picking up the remainder.

With China funding 57% of this park does that mean they’re going to have more of a say so on what will happen in the park? Like stock holders, wouldn’t they technically “own” a larger part of the park than Disney? I wonder if it would change the Disney standard?[/QUOTE]

I read something on this a loooonnnngggg time ago. I can’t recall any details, but China will have a big say in how the park is run. After all, this is a communist country–you can spend up to 10 years in prison for owning a Bible, and the internet is completely censored. Most people in China were kept in the dark regarding the “Arab Spring.” I’m certain each and every decision in theme park operations will meet censors’ approval. It will not be the same environment as other Disney parks.

Of course, with WDW now assigning our FP times, they are moving towards a more communist approach anyway. :whistling

[\QUOTE]Of course, with WDW now assigning our FB times, they are moving towards a more communist approach anyway. :whistling[/QUOTE]

Yeah!..what he said…Not happy about this…

[QUOTE=tigger;1113866]Inflation is here…have seen the price of milk lately?

Disney’s cost is raising like everyone else’s.[/QUOTE]

…so should I keep moving forward, or just roll over and die now?

I graduated from art school right when the economy tanked. Way to go, Screever.

[QUOTE=Screever;1114993]…so should I keep moving forward, or just roll over and die now?

I graduated from art school right when the economy tanked. Way to go, Screever.[/QUOTE]

Keep moving forward.

We can’t control the times we live in only control the way we live them.

Screever, you could have been an engineer or a doctor and i am not saure it would have made a difference… Hang in there.