Disney Vacation Tips

I subscribe to Allears.net newsletter. One of the best pieces of the newsletter in my opinion is all of the tips that people post of what has helped them through their trips. One of the best tips I read was to write on a piece of paper your cell# and the message 'If camera is lost please call…"and take a picture of it with your camera. This way (hopefully) the person who finds your camera (should you lose it) has a way to contact you to return your camera. I think that’s very clever!! I was wondering what other tips do you have that have helped you through a Disney vacation. Please share!! I’m leaving in 46 days!! :laugh:

That is a pretty clever trick…I wouldn’t even look at someone’s pictures though…I would just turn in it. Taking a snap shot of your child or children every morning is my favorite tip. It will help you in a panic if you lose them and have to decribe what they are wearing…I wouldn’t be able to think at that point.

The one tip I almost always follow is be on hand for rope drop at your park for the day…leave at lunch and take a break. This keeps the sanity in my trips.

Take a picture of your photo pass card incase you loss the card you still can get the pics.

beter still…take a picture of the back of your MYW tickets showing the bar code. That way if they are lost, you can have them replaced.

[QUOTE=Dana;893668]
The one tip I almost always follow is be on hand for rope drop at your park for the day…leave at lunch and take a break. This keeps the sanity in my trips.[/QUOTE]

That’s a great one. Around 8:00pm you can easily spot which families have been in the park non-stop for 12 hours:angry:, and which ones went back to the hotel, relaxed, ate, felt refreshed, and returned:laugh:. Of course, this tip works best when staying on-site.

I also take my own snacks and water. (Gotta save a little $$ somehow)

Also, being a northerner, I also demand everyone wears a hat and sunglasses:cool:. The Florida sun can be a killer when you’re not used to it.

Poncho. Poncho. Poncho.

When it rains in Florida, lightening usually accompanies it. When I was last in DHS, it started raining when we waited for Fantasmic, and Disney won’t let you use umbrellas if they can help it. (Obvious chance of being hit.)

That’s kind of a no-brainer tip, but I had to contribute something. :laugh:

Along the picture line–Take a picture of your parking lot area in the morning so you can find your car after a long day. I would also have to take a picture of my rental car (if I had one) because I would never remember the tag and they all look alike at the end of the day.

I personally love your packing tip for your son. I love how you put “owfits” in a bag already matched up and he just pick a bag every morning and be done with it…super organized.:heart:

Oh, I’m gonna write that one down and do it tonight. - "cause I go in 57 days, you know.

Don’t forget to take a picture of your accordion. You know how forgetful you get after a few brewskys

Take a picture of your kids so you can find them in the sea of people exiting after wishes.

Saw this somewhere, and will do it for our Dec trip - program your ADR confirm #s, dates, and times into your cell phone. This way you have them handy.

That’s my favorite. I pack my son in gallon ZipLock bags, I put a pair of shorts, matching shirt, socks, and undies in each bag. It makes it so easy to get ready each morning because I don’t have to worry about what he’s wearing–I know it will match.

I also use mini M&M tubes for pennies and quarters for the pressed penny machines. I layer 2 quarters and one penny so it’s easy to get to when we need it. I fill each tube about half way so it’s not too heavy to carry around in our backpack.

For your car, call yourself and leave a msg on your cell. Then play back when you get onto the tram or start walking. You can also note your plate and car color. I’m the crazy one who would hit the lock button to hear the horn.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;893875]That’s my favorite. I pack my son in gallon ZipLock bags, I put a pair of shorts, matching shirt, socks, and undies in each bag. It makes it so easy to get ready each morning because I don’t have to worry about what he’s wearing–I know it will match.

I also use mini M&M tubes for pennies and quarters for the pressed penny machines. I layer 2 quarters and one penny so it’s easy to get to when we need it. I fill each tube about half way so it’s not too heavy to carry around in our backpack.[/QUOTE]

OMG you are super organized!! That’s great! Can you please come and pack for me? Last year my DH left half of his shirts at home and had only two for the whole week. We washed alot!!

I have packing down to an art. I do most of it so I know it’s done right and I won’t be stressed during out trip (or doing extra laundry).

I think I would pack my DH is bags if I could. :laugh: We do fold my DH shorts over a matching t shirt so he won’t run out of matching clothes by the middle of the trip.

We also mix our clothes between two suitcases so one person isn’t w/o clothes if a piece of luggage doesn’t make it. I put half of everything in each suitcase.

I ALWAYS do this and also set the alarm to the sound of Disney tunes.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;893875]That’s my favorite. I pack my son in gallon ZipLock bags, I put a pair of shorts, matching shirt, socks, and undies in each bag. It makes it so easy to get ready each morning because I don’t have to worry about what he’s wearing–I know it will match.

I also use mini M&M tubes for pennies and quarters for the pressed penny machines. I layer 2 quarters and one penny so it’s easy to get to when we need it. I fill each tube about half way so it’s not too heavy to carry around in our backpack.[/QUOTE]

This is super smart idea!!! I love both of the ideas… I will be doing this for Dec. Im so sick and tired of my kids fighting with me on what they are going to wear…

Duct tape your shoes together.

No reason for the tip, I just thought it would look funny.