Disney village

i was on the phone with a friend last night talking about WDW and he mentioned something called disney village that’s outside the property. but from the sounds of it, he’s talking about DTD and though i told him plenty of times there is no disney village, it’s DTD, he insisted there’s a disney village. is there?

Could he be talking about Celebrations, the small residential area on the south end of the property?

Disney village in Disneyland Paris???

DTD was formerly known as Disney Village Marketplace, but people (I still do) called it Disney Village.

You’re right, years ago DtD used to be called Disney Village.

The knowledge I gain from you guys, never ceases to amaze me. Thank you to all…so much.

My mother in law still calls it (dtd) Disney Village too!!!

Disney Village Trivia: Chef Mickey’s used to be at the Disney Village. It was first called the Village Restaurant and then called Chef Mickey’s.

Today? Rainforest Cafe!

For more on the topic: Imaginerding: We’re Bringin’ Nerdy Back!: Daily Figment 161: Chef Mickey’s

He’s probably talking about Celebrations. It’s a little village sort of, but it’s not a place where you can go & shop, etc… We drove through this little “village” and now my husband & kids want to move there. It’s a village that has their own school, shops, etc…The houses are very old town village like. Colorful and gorgeous. Sort of like our street here in Massachusetts. You buy a house in celebration and sort of live within this little village area. The houses are pretty expensive.

DTD -Yes, a friend of mine won’t stop calling it Disney Village.

Yup! I still call it the Disney Village too.:laugh:

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;896576]Disney Village Trivia: Chef Mickey’s used to be at the Disney Village. It was first called the Village Restaurant and then called Chef Mickey’s.

Today? Rainforest Cafe!

For more on the topic: Imaginerding: We’re Bringin’ Nerdy Back!: Daily Figment 161: Chef Mickey’s[/QUOTE]

You’re so awesome! :laugh:

OH and my Mom still calls it Disney Village, too!

thanks for clearing this up guys. i knew he was talking about DTD and though i told him that it was DTD, he insisted that it was this disney village and it’s not on the property but you can shop and dine there. he even mentioned a restaurant that has a boat on a body of water, which i know is DTD so that convinced me he’s talking about DTD. thanks again guys!!

Yes we are guilty too of calling it Disney Village or the Market place!! I have some photos somewhere of it under construction I must find them out.

Wow really? We all used to call it Lil Lake Buena Vista. :huh: Shows what I know…

My Mimi always said “Byoona Vista”". :laugh:

I heard its a village were you can live and / or retire the. Any truth.

Disney Village, now that is a tidbit of knowledge I never knew!

:happy:See we learn something new every day:happy:

That’s prolly Celebration, which is definitely NOT Downtown Disney, formerly Disney Village.