Disney visa card info

I just called and got the low down on the visa card. I was wondering why I haden’t received any promo’s for my card, but my friend had? I was told that the promo’s have to do w/ how much you do or do NOT use your card, meaning, I use my card often so no need to “stimulate” my spending!

I guess that’s the thanks I get for stimulating the economy:glare:

I don’t think that is necessarily true. My wife and I get offers through the mail every couple of months to get bonus points, the thing is it involves usually spending more per month than I usually spend and I already put everything on there. Plus some of things don’t get credited for the bonus points because if a store has a particular or the store itself is classifed as something else you won’t get the bonus points…ex. grocery store being classified as a regular store, etc.

So you can get them, it just doesn’t happen all that often and it depends on what the qualifications are to get the bonus

I don’t believe that for one minute. I get the emails from Disney Visa and I put my entire household expenses on that card :wink:

I use my card all the time and still get the 5x offers. I’ve had two 5x offers back to back…April, May, June and July, August, September.

Ditto for us.

We’ve only had the card for about 6 months. The first thing we used it for was buying BLT points which took most of the credit line. With 6 months 0% APR, we let it ride for awhile. We got one special offer right off the bat. Spent 100 at a grocery store get 10 bucks back. So aside from the BLT points we used it a bit here and there. Now that that charge is paid, we’ve used it to buy an AP and room deposit. I would be thrilled to get the 5X points thing. As I mentioned before, I never get ANY emails from disney visa and “they are checking into it”.

Ditto for me too!

[QUOTE=KingOMiami;982543]I don’t think that is necessarily true. My wife and I get offers through the mail every couple of months to get bonus points, the thing is it involves usually spending more per month than I usually spend and I already put everything on there. Plus some of things don’t get credited for the bonus points because if a store has a particular or the store itself is classifed as something else you won’t get the bonus points…ex. grocery store being classified as a regular store, etc.

So you can get them, it just doesn’t happen all that often and it depends on what the qualifications are to get the bonus[/QUOTE]

Please explain about the type of store.

Right now we use it everywhere and get points off of it. Only place we haven’t (finding out the hard way) is on car notes which is considered a cash advance:pirate: I did find out why we can’t use it on a house note. They said we couldn’t use one debt to pay another, hence the car note thing.

Jo we’re also still in our intro 6 mon 0% apr. I called the other day to ask about any of these promo’s listed since we run ours up everymonth too…nil! with the exception of the 10% off on purchases at Disney.

:crying:I want a Disney Visa!:crying:No fair!!!:crying::pirate:

Well looks like I’ve been feed a bunch of poo, by Visa!!
5x THE REWARDS? :ohmy: That’s just insane. I’d be at Disney 5x more than I am already!! :laugh:

I did receive a offer for a 25 point reward if I pay a phone bill twice, but I have The Triple Play from Comcast (phone,cable,internet) and Visa said, It has to be paid to a direct “phone” company. No luck.

[QUOTE=tinker2222;982693]Well looks like I’ve been feed a bunch of poo, by Visa!!
5x THE REWARDS? :ohmy: That’s just insane. I’d be at Disney 5x more than I am already!! :laugh:

I did receive a offer for a 25 point reward if I pay a phone bill twice, but I have The Triple Play from Comcast (phone,cable,internet) and Visa said, It has to be paid to a direct “phone” company. No luck.[/QUOTE]

Don’t feel bad. I never get the promos either. They too said I spend too much:blink: You would think they would reward those of us who spend more than average.

Maybe we are just on the wrong list if people are getting 5x reward offers. I will have to investigate these offers more. I get the offers for discounts on theater tickets and such but nothing as good at 5x rewards:huh:

Remember, the card is issued through JP Morgan-Chase.
Can a British resident open a US based credit card account with a US bank?
If so, there’s your loophole.

My fil buys a car w/ his Disney Visa every 2 yrs, then pays it off that 1st bill. He does love to rack up the points.:laugh: Hmm I need to ask him if he gets those offers. Cuz if he does then I’d love to use his card in March '10. :laugh:

Wow, wish we could buy a car then pay it off the next month. Then we wouldn’t have to take out a bank loan for it and would be eligible for all those points.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;982796]Remember, the card is issued through JP Morgan-Chase.
Can a British resident open a US based credit card account with a US bank?
If so, there’s your loophole.[/QUOTE]

hhhmmmmmm:whistling:wink:

I would love a disney visa!!!

We only ever use our card for the deposit on Disney trips ($200, every other year at the most) and I don’t think we’ve ever received communication from Disney Visa. I’ve found out about promotions offered to Disney Visa cardholders via websites like this or Mouse Savers. My guess is everything they send is completely random.

I hope this sounds like the voiceof reason…but first it is a credit card ,secondly ,thye lie…thirdly well lets go back to secondly …they just pput it out there and hope you believe it…I recently got a letter saying thye were raising my interest rate so I called and asked what was up,thye styhen said in less than a minute ,that they wouldn’t and lowered it from were it was …so I asked waht gives and I will let your imagination fill in the response…WOW …but what can you expect it is chase

sorry for the typo’s in the last post …it is late and my fingers have lost their aim…ha ha