Disney Visa holder discounts

Today disney visa card holder discounts were released. My reservation for August was modified. Two nights at Coronado was $268 with AAA ($134 per night). Now with the disney visa discount it dropped to $216. A little savings is better than no savings. Magical Journeys said they are watching for passholder/fl resident rates to come out.

We are still booked at Coronado but are considering upgrading to WL or AKL. We will see what the rates are at the deluxe then decide for sure.

We are booked for free dining in Aug. I wonder if I would get more money off of my room if I called.

What are the dates for this discount? We had to book a room-only ressie for the night before free dining starts in order to start our free dining package on the 16th. I’d love to get a discount on that night!

Just checked Mousesavers and saw that the dates are 8/9-10/3. I’m going to call tomorrow to see if I can get this discount applied to my room-only on 8/15!

I just read my email from Disney Visa and the 35 percent off deal looks as if it’s a stay at a Moderate essentially for the same price as a Value!

We’re going in September and we may just take them up on it. So instead of All-Star Movies, we’ll be at Coronado Springs or French Quarter! Those are the two Moderates at which we haven’t stayed, so they would be our first choices…

WOO HOO!

That is a really good deal, I hope you get one of your choices!

Does anyone know if there is an advantange to booking this discount vs. the free dining that was just out? We have a 7 night at POP w/free dining now. We would tone down the TS dining if it was not included. Not a big deal if there was a savings. Or, can I combine the offers?
I am on lunch break and really shouldn’t make a long distance call to DISNEY from work- but I am really curious! LOL!

You cannot combine offers. In the past I have compared free dining with room and/or ticket discounts and have always found the free dining to be the winner for my situations. Your circumstances may be different though.

Thanks!

I finally called. In case any other budgeters are wondering…The answer to my question is… with the Disney Visa discount, my price increased over $500 including dining and went down less than $100 not including dining. YIKES! So, the dining package is a much better deal.
But, if you didn’t get the dining deal, the room/tickets only price is a great deal.

I called today and got the discount applied to my room-only booking on 8/15 and saved $60 for that one night at POR! Our free dining package starts on the 16th, so now I know I’m getting a great deal on the entire stay!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;970694]Thanks!

I finally called. In case any other budgeters are wondering…The answer to my question is… with the Disney Visa discount, my price increased over $500 including dining and went down less than $100 not including dining. YIKES! So, the dining package is a much better deal.
But, if you didn’t get the dining deal, the room/tickets only price is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

We’ll be there the same time as you and I was wondering about the diff in cost. I kind of thought that the free dining was a better deal.

I just called to compare $$ with this discount vs. free DDP since there are only 2 of us. The WL is completely booked up for this offer. Beach Club was $1000 more for our dates so I’m trying to decide if another resort is an option for us or if we should just stick with the free DDP.

My travel agent was able to apply the special to our stay at Contemp and we are saving a little over the $300 (instead of the free DDP). It’s just my DD5 and me so that’s probably why the savings was greater for us. I definitely recommend crunching the numbers!! Now, I need to decide if we really need the dining plan!! Happy planning!

Did you all know that Disney Visa is only for U.S. residents???