Disney Visa photo op

Does the Disney Visa still offer the free photo op in Epcot??

read this…

having a Disney Visa Card entitles guests to get one free 5X7 photograph taken by a Disney photographer at Epcot’s Innovations West. This is held daily from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM in a hidden corner that is very easily passed over. After waiting for about a minute, we were allowed to enter a private room where Mickey, Minnie and Goofy were waiting for us along with a photographer just for us. We were really treated like royalty with personal hugs from the characters. It was so much fun. We could have probably stayed a little more time in there.

We took advantage of this a couple years ago. IT is fun and so worth it!

Is the location just past Spaceship Earth on the right-hand side in a corner? DH and I looked for it last year. I finally saw a sign in this location that said “Meet and Greet” but they were closed.

Yes. As you pass Spaceship Earth you will veer to the right. The location is right next to an ice cream shop. I remember taking advantage of this a couple of years ago but on our previous 1 or 2 trips all I’ve encountered is really long lines. I wonder if they still offer this?

We have never taken advantage of this and they have offered it for a long time now. We have to make it a point this trip.

I would like to take advantage of this also.

I just recently heard of this. Will definitely check it out next week, and will include info on it in my trip report.

[QUOTE=Daisee;845252]read this…

having a Disney Visa Card entitles guests to get one free 5X7 photograph taken by a Disney photographer at Epcot’s Innovations West. This is held daily from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM in a hidden corner that is very easily passed over. After waiting for about a minute, we were allowed to enter a private room where Mickey, Minnie and Goofy were waiting for us along with a photographer just for us. We were really treated like royalty with personal hugs from the characters. It was so much fun. We could have probably stayed a little more time in there.

We took advantage of this a couple years ago. IT is fun and so worth it![/QUOTE]

We tried it once, the line was so long and slow that we moved on. I guess it’s a hit or miss.

We did it a couple of years ago. I plan to do it again in November! What’s great about it is that it’s TOTALLY private. No one really knows about it. It’s NOT in the same location that has the long lines for the characters. It’s this roped off area, with a black curtain covering the entrance. There was one family in there when we went. And the interaction is TOTALLY private. It’s a lot of fun!

Every trip I managed to either forget or not be in the park during the photo op time. In June I made a point of it and had heard the lines would be long and to get there before it started. I got there 15 min. early, not early enough though. The line was huge! I didn’t wait. I’d try at least 30 min. early, or if it’s slower time of year.

According to the Chase site they are still doing it. I just wrote myself a note on my planning notebook so I don’t forget to look for it

My friend used this while we were there and had no wait! She was glad to have had the card. We waited on the other long line for over an hour. You can bet I will get a card for the next trip.

We leave in 4 days; I’m going to check this out - I’ll report back. Even though its just hubby & I, I still want my pic with characters (besides him)!

:blush:

They are still doing it. DH and I were going to do this time but deceided to not to when we got there.

Curious…why didn’t you???

We just returned and our Visa photo is great!

It took just under an hour to get thru the line; but the margarita we had right before helped us not mind the time so much :happy: I asked a CM at Epcot for the location so as not to walk around aimlessly trying to find it.

Bottom line: It was worth it. I just wish I had been a little more adventurous with our poses; we just took a couple basically how they “posed” us. I didn’t find the photographer or the assistant especially friendly though.

Joanie

In line for an hour last year and when we went to pick up the picture they couldn’t find it:eek:Found it 2 days later:happy: This summer we did it again and only waited about 10 minutes and were surprised to have Mickey,Minnie and Goofy all for private photos:smile: