Disney World gets stronger with selfie stick warning

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/tourism-central-florida-blog/os-disney-world-stronger-selfie-stick-warning-20150518-post.html people just don’t seem to get it. Theme parks don’t want you using selfie sticks on their rides.

So on Friday, Walt Disney World went a step further to make that point. It posted a “No Selfie Sticks” sign at the Magic Kingdom’s Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

The funny thing is, most other parks don’t even allow you to bring loose items on coasters. Instead you must put your stuff in a locker for safe keeping or often there are areas where riders can leave less valuable stuff in the exit area from the ride.
However, what I have seen, and should not be a problem, are people with GoPro cameras strongly attached to upper body worn harnesses.
Also, on most coasters, once the restraint system has you firmly in your seat on the ride, it is next to impossible to get anything in or out of your pockets.
If you ARE stupid enough to get on a coaster with your phone attached to a selfie stick, you most likely will lose the phone and the stick. Plus, when that happens, someone will be hurt because you are intellectually dimmer than Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz.

I know I seen several people with these selfie sticks On Friday with the 24 hours park event at MK however I did not see them on the rides.

Zoomaster, how bad were the love bugs last week?
I think we’re getting near the end of this year’s flight, but those things, smashing on your car’s nose and hood can really damage your paint if you don’t wash them off promptly. Luckily, we don’t really see them in South Florida, but Heaven help you if you have to travel up to Tampa or Orlando or Ocala.

in my opinion not tough enough …self sticks are a danger having been hit by one a couple of times…how self indulgent have we become…people taking pictures of themselves and acting like they are acting …so self absorbed and not aware of there surroundings or caring …

“What’s a selfie?” asked the person who doesn’t even bother getting photopass pictures.
I know what I look like already.
Everyone is a star in their own little world and therefore is more entitled than you are. Just ask them.

Last Dec, I saw a woman walking around Epcot arm outstretched. Just walking, walking, walking. I had no idea what she was doing. I was more amazed she could walk so long with her arm sticking out like.

That was my first selfie stick sighting.

I had read somewhere a couple had a selfie stick with phone out in mid-air, someone else walked into it. Phone fell off, screen broke, tempers flared. I can see that happening a lot.

you could not be more right…very self indulgent

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1919094777]“What’s a selfie?” asked the person who doesn’t even bother getting photopass pictures.
I know what I look like already.
Everyone is a star in their own little world and therefore is more entitled than you are. Just ask them.[/QUOTE]

you are so right…today we have some very self indulgent people out there

Some days the camera crew just can’t keep up so I end up relying on the selfie stick. I am working on upgrading to new drones that follow me around. It is going to be some work but I think maybe I can replace half my crew. anyway it is tough being a popular celebrity and Disney isn’t making it any easier.

Only ONE selfie stick ??? How can you decide which is your BEST side??? You can’t deprive your public of missing one moment of your greatness.

I must now burn my laptop for writing these words…

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1919094790]Only ONE selfie stick ??? How can you decide which is your BEST side??? You can’t deprive your public of missing one moment of your greatness.

I must now burn my laptop for writing these words…[/QUOTE]

Every angle on me is scrumpish. I am glad you understand the service I provide to not just the general public but society as large.

Shhh don’t say too much. Disney will start to charge us extra to be in the same park as you.

Well that is close to the reason I am banned from Disney.

I actually did not recall seeing any love bugs during our trip. And actually we only drove during the daylight while in Florida.

Seen in Walt Disney World this past week:

I did see “No Selfie Stick” signs on rides last week. My Dad had a go pro with a handle on it that was the size of his hand. He was told on more than one ride that he could not have it out. It looked like a selfie stick, but it was not. They were much more strict than I have ever sen them for this-and I only saw one or two at Epcot.

ok here is a thought boss mouse in a pink tutu, in a fountain with a selfie stick. lol

“Make it stop! Make it stop! My eyes…too much information…AHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”

sorry Soundgod but someone needed to go there. LOL