Disneyland - 11/26 - 12/02

We just completed one amazing week at the Grand Californian Hotel at Disneyland. My husband and I went with my parents and our twin boys. It was the boys first ever Disney experience and it was truly magical. We left Omaha on the early flight at 6:30 on Thanksgiving morning through Denver and on into Orange County. We arrived at the Grand Californian at about 11:30 AM and our room was ready for us. We had a 2 bedroom Parlor Suite (Room 4318/4320) and upgraded to conceirge. The room was very clean and had more than enough room for the 6 of us. We had a great view of the pools and California Adventure Park.

We hit Disneyland right away - the park was crowded, but manageable. The longest wait we had the entire trip was for Finding Nemo at 55 minutes. I was surprised that California Adventure was not very crowded during our stay, we waited a maximum of 10 minutes for both California Screamin’ and Soarin’ over California.

We were also lucky enough to have reservations for The Disney Family Thanksgiving Buffet at the Disneyland Hotel. The food was amazing - I have never had better pasta than what they made fresh for me! We also ate at The Napa Rose - we took the boys even though I had heard that it was not child friendly and I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was wonderful and my boys loved their meal. We also dined at The Storyteller’s Cafe twice for breakfast with no complaints. The boys favorite was Goofy’s Kitchen - they were front and center to dance with Goofy! We had the dining plan on our package and it made our dining very simple!

The Craftsman Club staff was amazing the entire time we were there - the snacks were always well stocked and the boys always felt welcome. Story time and view of the fireworks were also a bonus!

The boys first Disney experience was as magical as I had hoped. They loved every minute and were excellent travelers. We’re now looking forward to taking them to WDW for another magical stay!

I’m glad you had a magical time! Please post pictures!!!

btw, welcome to Mousebuzz!

I am very happy to hear you had a Fabulous time at Walt Disney’s Original Magic Kingdom - Disneyland! :mickey:

Welcome to Mousebuzz! Sounds like you had a great time!

I’m glad you went to the Napa Rose. I have taken my Heir Apparent there a number of times, without complaints… It is, by far, the best restaurant in the area… Just not so happy they don’t discount for annual passholders. :pirate: