Disneyland 1st time trip!

I am very excited to share that we are headed to the Land for spring break!

I am wait listed for a studio at Villias at Grand Cali. I could do a points exchanged and stay at Paradise Pier for more points. If my wait list does not come through I am not sure if I should go for PP or just stay at something like the Candy Cane Inn. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

How exciting!! First of all, Yippee for you!

I just got back myself from a very short trip to DL, we stayed at the Candy Cane Inn and we really enjoyed it. But if you can use points at the Grand Californian, I would do it! I had no idea how close it was to the parks until we saw it.

You are going to have a ball!!

[QUOTE=jk8;1095804]I am very excited to share that we are headed to the Land for spring break!

I am wait listed for a studio at Villias at Grand Cali. I could do a points exchanged and stay at Paradise Pier for more points. If my wait list does not come through I am not sure if I should go for PP or just stay at something like the Candy Cane Inn. Any thoughts? Thanks!![/QUOTE]

Paradise Pier is, um, nice. Back in law school, when I frequented Disneyland with Linda, I used the military discount (this was before priceline) to stay at one of the two Travel Lodges (you know, with the sleepwalking bear) at the southwest corner of the park. It was great location wise, we could walk into the parking lot and be at Disneyland in a short time. What I didn’t realize is that Disney owned all that property, and tore down both the lodges and the Godfather’s pizza between them. What they DID leave on that property was the multi-storied Hotel, formerly known as the Pan Pacific. This was a nice hotel. But it’s not the same as the Disneyland or the Grand Californian. For the amount of fundage involved, I would hold out for the villa, or exercise a Priceline application for another Anaheim hotel. :pirate:

Ok, good advice, keep it coming :slight_smile:

If, for some reason the Grand Californian falls through, you might consider trying Priceline for your hotel room. I have used Priceline.com ever since my heir apparent and I started spending more than just day trips to Disneyland. For the cost range of $40.00 to $60.00 a night, I have stayed at the hotels below. Usually during peak season my attempts to get a cheap room in Anaheim meant staying in Fullerton or Buena Park or even Costa Mesa. All in all, the fifteen minute drive on the freeway isn’t that much of a pain. But then, I was purposely going for cheap rooms as opposed to convenience.

Nonetheless, eight years of stateside trips have allowed access to three and four star hotels at a fraction of the cost. All you need is patience, a credit card, and the willingness to bargain hunt and hotel rooms are yours for the booking.

Let me know if you need a tutorial on how to use Priceline. :pirate:

Best of Luck for your trip. I wish you will spend some marvelous moment of your life.