Disneyland ... a trip full of surprises!

We are back and I think I have all the pictures downloaded from the camera. I’ll be starting the fun parts of the trip report soon … the pictures!

We spent 9 days in the LA area with 6 days at the Disneyland resort. We had a couple of surprises that were unimaginable and completely awesome. (We did get to have our lunch at D 33 club and an early entry to california adventure!) It was an amazing trip with lots of fun … how can you not have fun at disney?!

Fantastic. I cannot wait to read you TR and see all your photos as I’m in the middle of planning at trip for next year.:wub:

Let it rip!

In need a Disney fix!

Love to hear about D33!

[QUOTE=Cielei;1116785]We are back and I think I have all the pictures downloaded from the camera. I’ll be starting the fun parts of the trip report soon … the pictures!

We spent 9 days in the LA area with 6 days at the Disneyland resort. We had a couple of surprises that were unimaginable and completely awesome. (We did get to have our lunch at D 33 club and an early entry to california adventure!) It was an amazing trip with lots of fun … how can you not have fun at disney?![/QUOTE]

Sounds like you had fun! :wub: Can’t wait to hear about it! :pirate:

Can’t wait to hear all about your trip…we’re in the thinking stages of doing a DL trip in a couple of years.

Can’t wait to see your pictures!

Oh, good. Someone who’s NOT being a Disneyland TR scofflaw. :laugh:

I want to hear about Club 33? Jealous!

Can’t wait to hear all about it!

Don’t leave us hanging!

Huzzah, a DL TR! Pictures please. :wub:

It’s been a busy few days! I think we need another vacation. Now, where was I?
Once upon a time, in a land far, far away … hmm, I don’t think that’s quite right.

July 11-19
Cast of characters includes me, DH, DS1 - Thomas and DS2 - Alex. Special appearances by my mom, dad and brother (this is the brother who was in the terrible accident a couple of years ago).

We got up bright and early wed morning to make our flight - 3am to be exact. :pinch: The good news is that it is a long flight, and maybe we could get some sleep on the flight. That would be a big … NO! The guy next to me (DH, DS1 and DS2 were across the isle from me) got plenty of sleep though … I could tell by his LOUD snoring. We arrive in Las Vegas for a plane change and a message from my parents that their flight had been cancelled and they would be later getting to the airport. :eek: I had a limo arranged to pick us up … quick call and message to limo company and hope all is well because it was a quick layover and we are back on the flight to LAX.

We land … 45 minutes early. Message from limo all is well and we have new pick up time arranged. SInce this was partially a working trip for DH, we accompanied him to get his rental car and picked up lunch at In and Out Burger - it was our first time trying it. Back to the airport to kiss DH bye and meet my family. They arrive … 30 minutes early. What was in the skies that day? Early planes everywhere! Hugs and kisses and limo is there right on time.
mom, dad and my brother, JD.

Limo by Cielei, on Flickr
Thomas and Alex

Limo by Cielei, on Flickr

We arrived at our hotel, Hilton Garden Inn, and got all checked in and settled. We spent a little time in the pool, pick up some drinks from Target which is basically across the street, and then headed to Downtown Disney for dinner. (I need to get the pictures for this part off my phone) We ate at Rainforest Cafe per my brother’s request. While we were exploring, one of the caricature artists asked if he could sketch Alex. I, of course, say yes and by the time he had finished with both boys (you know I had to buy them and have both boys drawn), we had a crowd and he had a line for his services. After that, back to the hotel and sleep.

I can’t wait to see mickey!!

Lego Store

Rainforest Cafe

Caricature

The next morning, we picked up rental cars and then headed to Huntington Beach for the day. This had to be the coolest, most overcast day of our entire trip! I couldn’t believe how crowded it was and how many people were actually out swimming in the water. I ended up buying sweatshirts for us all it was so cold to me! We went to some brewery (BJ’s maybe?) place just up main street from the pier for lunch. They have a huge mural on one wall across from where we sat. Alex is looking at it and wonders why all the trees are on fire. I explain that those aren’t trees in the painting, but an artistic rendering of harvesting the wheat fields to brew the beer. Me to him … I think it was just the artists stylistic choice or interpretation of that. Alex to me … I think maybe he was just drunk. :laugh: I really should have taken a picture of that mural!!

We head back to the hotel, and 2 hours later, we finally made it back. My phone died on the way, but I knew which roads to take to get back. Unfortunately, my sense of direction was all messed up, and I went the wrong way on each road before getting it right. :reface: We had a late dinner at Buca and came back and packed everything up because we were moving to the Hilton the next day.

Next up … Friday and Disneyland finally!!

Great trip so far. I remember that about your brother! Wow, glad he is well.

Friday morning, we got up early because I had reservations at Plaza Inn for breakfast with Minnie and friends. The boys are getting so big that this was the only character dining I was allowed to book this trip. :noo: We were at the gates just before 7am. We were changing hotels on Friday; so, it was a crazy morning in our room. DH mentions to the boys something about their teddy bears being lost because we are changing hotels … We are on Main street when I realize … uh … you have your teddies AT DISNEYLAND!!! Well, daddy said we had to take them with us … :roll eyes: After breakfast, we bought the teddies a cozy little room (hello locker) to nap in all day.

This was my parents’ and brother’s first trip to Disneyland. On main street, “that’s the castle … it’s awfully small”

Main Street by Cielei, on Flickr

Main Street by Cielei, on Flickr

Thank you! We surely got our miracle with him.

Waiting to take pictures and get our table, we ran into this guy …

Minnie Breakfast by Cielei, on Flickr

This little Chip followed us to the table

Chip decided he really liked Thomas’ Teddy

IMMinnie BreakfastG_2721 by Cielei, on Flickr

Oh how cute, I just love Chip and Dale. Your boys look so much like your mom! Keep it coming!!

Was he really taking Teddy?!

Of course not, but he did decide it was his birthday … so we sang Happy Birthday to him!

Next, Tigger and Minnie came to welcome us for Breakfast

Wow, that certainly is a quite a cast of characters. I can see why you booked this meal. :slight_smile: