Disneyland Fact I wanted to share

I was talking with my good friend Kent and we got to talking about Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years. Well I told him a fact I remember learning from the show and he suggested I should share it with you all and I thought it was a good idea too. So here it is, enjoy!

“Critics said Disneyland would fail and close within its first 6 weeks, yet within its first year Disneyland had welcomed its 1 millionth guest” - Steve Martin, Host of Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years.

I remember that show. Isn’t that crazy? I guess you should never take anyone else’s take on things… just keep on going no matter what anyone says… like my old teacher Ms.Chassman says: You miss 100% of the chances you never take!

That is utterly amazing! BTW, thanks for the compliment, Tim! :biggrin: :wink:

I really do hope Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years will get released on DVD sometime after it finishes its run at Disneyland’s Opera House when the 50th celebration ends! :mickey:

I heard that on this show…um…it was on the History channel, but I can’t remember the name. This guy was saying they expected to fail miserabley, and how HARD the first day was! But, it certainly proved that it could be successful, didn’t it?

HMMM! I find that quite interesting…and OH SO FUNNY!!

That is also why Walt picked the address 1313 S. Harbor Blvd. He wanted to give himself more “bad luck” if you will, just to prove people wrong.

I remember that part, and the fact he had to practically mortgage his life’s assets away to find the fundage…

One of the reason’s I don’t begrudge the Mouse making a profit.

Walt did EVERYTHING opposite what “park experts” claimed you needed to make money.

LOL, that’s hilarious!!! :laugh:

Needless to say, he proved them wrong again! :wink:

I am amazed at how much positive feedback has come from anaheimboy’s posting of one fact about Disneyland, especially since it stemmed from our AOL Instant Messenger conversation! As of this post, this will the the eighth reply. Once again, I’m so glad you brought this up and posted (at my suggestion) Tim! Keep up the good work! :mickey: :biggrin: :wink:

I do remember hearing that but couldn’t place where. And Yes Erin it did prove to be successful. Thanks for sharing this Tim