Disneyland Good Neighbor hotels? Yay or Nay?

I am looking for some fairly recent info on the Disneyland resort good neighbor hotels, or on site properties. We are only going to be there for 2 days, and not full days at that.

Where should we stay? It will be just dh and I.

Thank you!

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1091281]I am looking for some fairly recent info on the Disneyland resort good neighbor hotels, or on site properties. We are only going to be there for 2 days, and not full days at that.

Where should we stay? It will be just dh and I.

Thank you![/QUOTE]

If you aren’t staying on property, then I recommend using Priceline.com for your hotel room. I swear by it. Never had a bad experience with a room, and most are able to be found withing $50-65 a night for three and a half stars. Hyatt, Marriot, Crown Plaza, etc. :mickey:

I’ve stayed in several of them and they were all perfectly fine, some better than others but nothing unacceptable… but that’s not lately. I think 6-2-6 has a great suggestion if walking distance isn’t a requirement.

But don’t tell him that. You know how he gets. :ninja:

loved the Candy Cane Inn!

[QUOTE=Andrea;1091296]I’ve stayed in several of them and they were all perfectly fine, some better than others but nothing unacceptable… but that’s not lately. I think 6-2-6 has a great suggestion if walking distance isn’t a requirement.

But don’t tell him that. You know how he gets. :ninja:[/QUOTE]

:ninja: Yes I do. :ninja:

It looks pretty cute from the pictures. But I have been looking at so many pictures, that I honestly don’t remember which is which anymore.:wacko:

I’ve stayed at the Ramada, and it was very nice. I just have to say, though, that there is nothing more I love than staying on property in Disneyland. If you can swing it, I would do it.

me too. but it’s the only place we have ever stayed when visiting DL

Annabella!!! Nice pool and hot tub. Bar and food off the pool. Rooms are nice and larger than others. Price is a little more than others in the area but it worth it. Check there website and compare AAA. Close to walk. Nice restaurants near by also.

I enjoyed it about as much as the Disneyland hotel.

[QUOTE=Dansharon5;1091468]Annabella!!! Nice pool and hot tub. Bar and food off the pool. Rooms are nice and larger than others. Price is a little more than others in the area but it worth it. Check there website and compare AAA. Close to walk. Nice restaurants near by also.

I enjoyed it about as much as the Disneyland hotel.[/QUOTE]

Good to know! Thanks. :slight_smile:

Really? And you liked it? I know Mrs. Foofoofnick has discerning tastes. :ninja:

I have checked and there is availability at all three on site properties. Anybody have any thoughts about which one? I am really disheartened by the lack of info available on Disneyland. Even Allears does not do it justice.

Disneyland Hotel all the way!

The Grand Californian is grand and lovely and reminiscent of Wilderness Lodge/AKL… it’s a little closer to the action… and the price reflects all of that. I’ve actually never stayed at Paradise Pier… but nothing’s ever been said that gives me any interest in it at all. Okay, I’ve never stayed at GC, either, but I’ve walked through it a lot of times.

I’d like to try the Grand Californian one day… but even if price were no object at all, I think I’d still pick Disneyland Hotel as my favorite.

Disneyland Hotel is wonderful, all of the rooms have just been refurbed and they’re so tasteful AND Disney-magical!

I vote for the Disneyland Hotel. (In case I wasn’t clear. :biggrin:)

:laugh:laughing:laugh:

Never been to DL but found info on Disney World - The Largest Unofficial On-Line Guide to Disney World, Walt Disney World that looked promising.:heart:

We stayed at the Grand Californian when we visited there. I liked it a lot and am glad we did it, however, if we went back I would try another on-site just to mix it up. The side trip to Disneyland was a “gift” from my DW to me so we really splurged.

We did have DD and her BF with and it was not too crowded in the room. The convienance factor was very nice and the design of the place were outstanding. Someone mentioned it was a bit like Wilderness Lodge and that is true, but with a definite California feel to it.

Whatever you do you will enjoy it,
Harry

I LOOOOOVE the Grand Californian. More than just about anything. More than puppies and world peace. It’s my favorite place ever.

I, too, enjoyed the Annabella. Though it seemed to me the walk home was longer than the walk to the park. :dry:

If you have a rental car, you should really consider priceline as you can look for hotels in Anaheim, Garden Grove, Fullerton, Brea and Buena Vista. I should be a spokesperson for them, but their process really has allowed me to enjoy Disneyland with a limited budget as much as I have. And $50.00 a night rooms are still out there. Last year, Voldemort and I even spent a week at the Wyndham in Costa Mesa, and the drive to the park was not bad. :cool:

Costa Mesa Hotel - Wyndham Orange County Costa Mesa Hotel : Wyndham.com

So unless money is no object, which then, you should be hanging out at the Grand Californian, $50.00 a night for rooms that normally go for $200.00 a night is not a bad gig. :pirate:

Just wait until you come back up here :fork_off:

[QUOTE=Experiment6-2-6;1091565]I, too, enjoyed the Annabella. Though it seemed to me the walk home was longer than the walk to the park. :dry:

If you have a rental car, you should really consider priceline as you can look for hotels in Anaheim, Garden Grove, Fullerton, Brea and Buena Vista. I should be a spokesperson for them, but their process really has allowed me to enjoy Disneyland with a limited budget as much as I have. And $50.00 a night rooms are still out there. Last year, Voldemort and I even spent a week at the Wyndham in Costa Mesa, and the drive to the park was not bad. :cool:

Costa Mesa Hotel - Wyndham Orange County Costa Mesa Hotel : Wyndham.com

So unless money is no object, which then, you should be hanging out at the Grand Californian, $50.00 a night for rooms that normally go for $200.00 a night is not a bad gig. :pirate:[/QUOTE]

Well, since I myself am NOT Mrs. Foofoofnick, money unfortunately is always an object of concern. I will try priceline, if only to make you happy. :slight_smile: You are quite the pitchman. :laugh: