Disneyland Hotel

Okay, we just booked the Disneyland Hotel and I am wondering…is it worth the money? We have never been to Disneyland and I am wondering if it has the Disney magic and if you get any “perks” by staying on site there?

Any advice?

[QUOTE=roxie;1014961]Okay, we just booked the Disneyland Hotel and I am wondering…is it worth the money? We have never been to Disneyland and I am wondering if it has the Disney magic and if you get any “perks” by staying on site there?

Any advice?[/QUOTE]

Ummmm, YEAH! :laugh: The Disneyland Hotel is awesome, if I am not able to stay at the Grand Californian the DL Hotel will always be my mainstay. It’s totally full of Disney magic, but if you’ve never been to DL before it might feel a little odd at first. It’s definately not like your typical WDW resort layout. As far as “perks” go you’ll be close to the monorail & obviously DtD, have early entry into the parks, & the pool there is really neat (it’s room key entry only, guarded by a big iron fence). The Disneyland Hotel has SO many little details & interesting things to look at; vintage Disneyland photos & art, topiaries, koi ponds, waterfalls, a remote control boat game (kinda like the one by Jungle Cruise in WDW), good restaurants, the Fantasia gift shop is huge, and the rooms are detailed too.

DH and I stayed at The Disneyland Hotel in November 2008, and it was worth every penny and more! A beautiful resort, our room overlooked DTD, gorgeous especially at night!
We walked everywhere, DTD, MK, CA…we had a great time and we were so happy to have stayed there.
Enjoy!

I only stayed there once, last June, but I was very happy there. I enjoyed walking through Downtown Disney first thing in the morning to get to the park, and we took advantage of the early entry.

I didn’t feel like the monorail was all that close- it felt just as fast to simply walk to the front gate. I also have a thing about front gates, and the monorail drops you in the middle of Tomorrowland.

It was magical being there- but as far as worth it…??? The passholder discount for rooms helped a lot- it’s pretty pricey otherwise, I believe.

But now that I’ve stayed there… I don’t want to stay off-property, even though I’ve always been perfectly happy off-property… which is sometimes even closer to the front gate. :happy:

We love it!!! As Andrea said, the AP discount def. makes it even more affordable. How long are you staying?
One of the benefits of staying on property is the early morning entry for hotel guests:) We usually use that time to get Fantasyland and the “big” line rides out of the way.

I did disneyland hotel when i went to disneyland last year. It was a cute place but I really missed disneyworld magic. If you have been to disneyworld do not compare the two. Disney land has it special magic.

As far as the resort, it was nice and i kind of liked the far off view i had of the sounding area. I was disapointed to see there wasn’t a lot of places to eat in the hotel. You had the major hotels but you didn’t have those hole in the way type quick services. That’s what I missed the most.

BUT after i went I wanted to take home the comforters in the rooms. It had like a map of disneyland and i LOvED IT. Tink on the wall was pretty cute too!

That really sums it up! But also, just so you know, the Disneyland Hotel is going through a multi-year multi-million dollar remodel right now, all of the rooms and grounds are being remodeled from the hotel rooms, the pool grounds to the shops and restaurants. The Dream Tower is being remodeled right now, the hotel will be finished in 2012, but that wont affect your stay, the Disneyland Hotel is a fabulous hotel, and like Wish said, when one is not able to stay at the Grand Californian the Disneyland Hotel is always a great next option, you will love it and it will be fabulous!