Disneyland Nov. 20 - 24th GCV

Well, another trip has come and gone. Unique trip, though, because we went with a large group.

Me, DW and DD (9) + 2 families of four. Lots of fun for all!!

Just the three of us so we got a Studio Villa. Very nice room…

I’m really much happier than the picture shows…I just drove through L.A. in rush hour.

Day 1

We got into the room around 8 pm. Very tired but still hungry. Decided to ramble out into DTD to get something to eat. After a little debate we settled on Rainforest Cafe. DW and I split the pot roast plus we got a free appetizer because we are Safari Club members.

Dinner was good and we headed back to the room to get a good nights sleep for early entry.

What kind of view did you have in your VGC studio?

That sure is a nice room :heart:

Well, the bad news is that I had no view. But the good news is it was probably the shortest walk I’ve ever had in the GC.

We were on the first floor with our balcony facing the pool. It was nice being on the first floor not having to wait for an elevator.

Trust me, I would have loved to have had a view.

Indeed, it was a very nice room. Not really much bigger than a regular room but it was nice having a couch and table for sure.

It helps having that kitchen area and I love that sink area with the mirrored doors :happy:

Early morning entry was at 7 am. Our friends are early birds and, lets just say, it’s not DW’s cup of tea. But, to her credit, she got ready and we were at the gate before 7.

We raced in and rode Space Mountain, Buzz, finding Nemo, TMR and Matterhorn.

Then we headed into adventure land to ride Pirates then haunted Mansion.

We didn’t use the microwave at all but the fridge was probably 50% bigger than a regular mini fridge.

Love the pic of you & your wife on my FAVORITE attaction; BTMRR!! :biggrin: Also cool to see the Haunted Mansion all done up!

Can’t wait to see the rest! I LOOOOOOVE a Disneyland TR!

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1006242]Love the pic of you & your wife on my FAVORITE attaction; BTMRR!! :biggrin: Also cool to see the Haunted Mansion all done up!

Can’t wait to see the rest! I LOOOOOOVE a Disneyland TR![/QUOTE]

We love TM too. I think this is the best time of the year for HM.

We got out of MK around 9:30 so we could open up CA Adventure. We rode TSM, GRR, and CA Screamin.

I rode TSM three times during the trip and got virtually the same score everytime (205,000).

We headed for the Pacific Warf Cafe for lunch. Me and DD got the clam chowder in a bread bowl and DW got the Sonoma Chicken Apple Salad. There was lots of construction going on. It was very claustrophobic walking through some of the areas.

After lunch we went to see Aladdin the musical while DD and company went to ride Tower of Terror.

Our friends hadn’t been for 5 years so they had never done “Turtle Talk with Crush” or Monsters, Inc.

Thanks for posting all the pics!

While I visit WDW 4 times a year, I only get to visit DLR every other year…:frown:

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;1006262]Thanks for posting all the pics!

While I visit WDW 4 times a year, I only get to visit DLR every other year…:frown:[/QUOTE]

Next year should be a good one to go. The new attraction in the lagoon at CA Adventure should be done by then.

I need to plan a trip out west to see the new home!

Never been to DL. Got to get out there one of these days.

Wow I love the pictures you look like you had so much fun! I have never been to Disney Land and I really want to go.
Do they have the Nightmare before of Christmas stuff at the HM in Disney World?? I have never been there for Christmas… That looks so cool though!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1006274]I need to plan a trip out west to see the new home!

Never been to DL. Got to get out there one of these days.[/QUOTE]

At least once…It’s the Mecca for Disney fanatics!!!

[QUOTE=poohbe66;1006282]Wow I love the pictures you look like you had so much fun! I have never been to Disney Land and I really want to go.
Do they have the Nightmare before of Christmas stuff at the HM in Disney World?? I have never been there for Christmas… That looks so cool though![/QUOTE]

The entire ride is “Nightmare Before Christmas” themed. It was very cool.

There is a mall a block away from DL called “Gardenwalk”. It always looked really cool and they have a restaurant we like so we decided to check it out.

The mall was pretty much a disappointment. Lots of closed up or vacant shops. We ate dinner at Bubba Gumps. Good meal but a long wait. They actually had a large shrimp for a mascot.