Disneyland Questions

Hello everyone,

Am new to this board, came across it while looking for details about an upcoming Disneyland trip. I haven’t been to Disneyland in a couple of years . Anyhow, we are going on May 23rd for my Birthday.

How do you think the Disneyland crowds will be on the 23rd?

Other than Space Mountain, are any other rides closed around that time?

The big “To Do” list for the day has the Snow White Musical at the top of it, along with the Winnie The Pooh ride (which had opened a few days before the last time we went, and kept breaking down). Other than these two things and Splash Mountain, what are some other “Must Do’s” at Disneyland? We are spending the day only at Disneyland, not DCA or any of the other parks, but I am very excited about it.

Thanks for any and all suggestions, including birthday celebration ideas.

The crowds for May 23rd arent usually that bad because school is still in session (is that a week day or a weekend?) BUT since the 50th will have began it might be a bit more crowded than usual, but it really depends on if its a week day or a weekend. And I dont think any rides should be closed.

Definatly hit Buzz Lightyear and Indiana Jones, Splash mountain just might not be open when your there… They installed a whole new fleet of logs that’s been causing nothing but problem after problem, they are deciding on wether to close it down for the month of May, (so I’ve heard anyway) It might not be true.

May 23rd is a Monday , and thanks for the information!

Is there anyway to find out if Splash Mountain will be open or not? No way am I going if it isn’t!

As for the Buzz Lightyear thing, is that new? I have never heard of it.

Thanks again!

Yup, Buzz Lightyear is a bran new Interactive ride in Tomorrowland. It’s Really fun! The actual name is “Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters” You are in a haunted mansion style car,(themed to buzz lightyear of course) but it’s a constant moving ride like haunted mansion. Each rider has a small lazer gun and you go through awsome black lit scenes helping buzz lightyear Defeat Emporer Zurg by shooting all the "Z"s in the scenes. It’s a really fun ride! You get a score and everything, you can even email your picture to friends at the end of the ride for (get this) FREE! It’s a great ride. It hasn’t even been open for a month yet.

Check the Disneyland oficial website to see if Splash Mountain is open or not.

I also suggest to Watch Fantasmic if it’s playing! It’s a GREAT show! You will also be there while the “Remember… Dreams come true” firework show is playing at night, Watch that! It’s supposed to be an AWSOME show.

“You get a score and everything, you can even email your picture to friends at the end of the ride for (get this) FREE! It’s a great ride. It hasn’t even been open for a month yet.”

How does this picture thing work on the Buzz Lightyear ride? Do they take your picture on the ride itself? At the end, or? How many friends do they let you e-mail the picture to? Do you get to add a message to the picture, or what’s the deal? Sorry for all the detailed questions, but this is totally new to me.

No problem, It takes your picture durring the ride, just you really don’t know when, it’s not as obvious as Splash Mountain for example. So your ‘in’ the ride when it takes your photo. Just one thing, as you exit the ride there’s not a big viewing room to see pictures. But there is 6 (maybe 5) touch screen computers (usually has a line) that you go up to, you scan through a bunch of pictures until you find your own. (it’s not hard to find your own) Once you have found it, you select the picture with your finger, it brings up and emailing page. You type in your email address and the recipients address. Then you just press send, and off goes your picture. (the picture includes your score off to the side) Then it asks you if you want to email it to any more friends, if you want to, simply press yes and email it to as much people as you want. Just remember that the lines for this free service ‘may’ get long, so you don’t want to take to long while sending your photo.
Have fun! :biggrin:

Thanks for the details disneylandrocks it sounds like the best thing to do would probably be to send it to your own e-mail address and then mass distribute it later (if need be). Has anyone received one of the photos/sent it to their own e-mail address? Does anyone know if when you get the photo if it comes up as an online link, an attachment, or just a photo in the body of an e-mail?

This forum is so awesome! The details are so nice to have on little things like this.

I have a question about Snow White An Enchanting Musical for anyone who has seen it…how long before the show should you arrive? How long before the show do they open the theater? How long are the lines generally at the Enchanted Cottage snack stand? (we really want to get popcorn in the souvenier bucket) to take with us into the show. Also, where is the best place to sit in the theater to get good pictures?

Last question is about Fantasmic…is it the same Fantasmic show that has always been there in previous years? I can remember going to a Fantasmic show a couple years ago with a huge dragon, everyone in our group thought it was a total dissappointment as a show, and if it’s the same show, we will probably skip it, and do something else during the show time…any rides with long lines that would be good to hit during this time?

Thanks for all of your help!

You are a wonderful group of people around here and I am sooooo glad that I found this message board before my trip.

Well, you’re welcome and thanks for the compliments! Also, let me be one of the first (if not actually THE first) to welcome you to DisneyCentral. Hope you have fun here, and that you find all the answers and information you need to help you with planning Disneyland and/or Walt Disney World trips! :mickey:

I’ve seen Buzz Lightyears Astro-Blasters on the Disneyland segment of the WDW Trip Planning DVD, and as a segment that aired during WDW’s Very Merry Christmas Parade last December. Astro-Blasters is an AMAZING ride, from what I’ve seen, and looked FAR better than Space Ranger Spin at WDW’s Magic Kingdom! :biggrin:

I’ve never been on the one at WDW, so I can’t compare. But that’s sweet that you think Astro Blasters looks awsome, well, it is! A cool thing I liked is that you have control of your car, as to which direction it faces. There is a little joy stick in between the 2 players and if you move it around your car moves around (it spins) So if you wanted to get all the targets on the left you would spin your car to the left, then if you see a bunch of targets on the right you just spin it to the right, quite cool!

batraylover, In answer to your question: I did just what you said, I sent my picture to me, that way I could forward it to who ever I wanted when I got home from the trip. The email comes with a title about Buzz Lightyear Rangers. (not sure on the exact thing) But the email gives you a LONG code that you copy/paste into a link that they send you. You click the link, then you paste the code into where it instructs you too, after that it brings up your photo, then you can save it to your computer. :smile: :cool: :cool:

As a veteran of over 800 Disneyland visits (that’s alot since we live in GA.), I may have a bios towards the “Land that Walt built”. We plan to be @ Disneyland in June and frankly I can’t wait! :mickey: I was able to ride Astro Blasters in WDW last November and I’m looking forward to trying the DL version several times. I do have a little hint for you if you want to boost your score and impress those you e-mail the info to. When you enter the area where the large orange robot resides, there is a target on the inside of his left hand. You have to pass the robot & spin your car backwards in order to see it!! It’s worth 100K for every hit!! :mickey: If you have kids, especially teenagers, it’s a cool little payback!!! :fork_off: Another tip…ride Indy early and often!!!

Welcome to DC!

OH yea! I found that! I saw the orange robot, and saw the target on his arm, just I didn’t check how much points my score went up, oops. Each target is worth a different amound of points, the diamonds are worth the most, so shoot those tons of times when you see them! And all I know is that either the circle or the square is the lowest. (worth only 100 points per shot) Squares and circles are most common. Also… towards the end of the ride there is a light tunnel that kicks off the ending scene where buzz defeats zurg, inside this tunnel there is 2 secret targets that are hidden in the top left corner and the roof. I’ve heard there’s another target hidden in this tunnel also.

Don’t miss Indiana Jones! It’s one of my favorites!

If I don’t get to tell you again…Happy Birthday in advance! May is the GREATEST month! Me and my DS’s birthdays are in May also…the 7th and 26th…Have FUN on you Birthday in DISNEYLAND!!! :mickey:

Okay, for all the shop-aholics that frequent Disneyland, does anyone know where to find any of the following items:

Minnie Mouse Princess Hat - It’s a princess hat (cone shape) with Minnie Mouse ears (adult size)

Frozen Lemonade - Icee’s would be okay too, anything but iced coffee

Ariel the Little Mermaid or Tinkerbell Hat - Floppy hat or beach hat (adult size)

Lastly, a question on Sipper Bottles/Souvenir cups…do they allow you to refill ones from previous years? (We have the Sorceror Mickey Mouse one) How much do they charge for refills on current Sipper Bottles/Souvenir cups that you purchase same day in the park? And do you need to show your receipt for a refill?

THANKS A TON! It would take hours on the phone with Disneyland park to find all of this out, transferring back and forth between lots of different staff members, This message board ROCKS!

Um, either at the shop to your left as you enter the castle to Fantasyland, or perhaps the MAD HATTERS might have it

They have them carts space every so often. I know they have one outside Frontier land, just by the Golden Horshoe Stage, halfway to the Riverboat/Columbia landing

I would try the same spot as the MM Princess Hat

That one I’m not sure. I suppose they will allow you to PURCHASE drinks and pour them into your sorceror MM. But I don’t thinks they fill it for a “refill” price. Nice try, however.

THANKS A TON! It would take hours on the phone with Disneyland park to find all of this out, transferring back and forth between lots of different staff members, This message board ROCKS

Minnie Mouse Princess Hat - It’s a princess hat (cone shape) with Minnie Mouse ears (adult size)

Any of the shops that sell souveniers should have that.

Frozen Lemonade - Icee’s would be okay too, anything but iced coffee

That, I’m not sure…I’m not a frozen lemonade drinker.

Ariel the Little Mermaid or Tinkerbell Hat - Floppy hat or beach hat (adult size)

This I’m not sure of but I’d check the souvenier shops. For example, the Emporium on Main Street, Star Traders in Tomorrowland, World of Disney in Downtown Disney, among many others. The Mad Hatter may also have some unique hats (there’s two - one on Main Street and one in Fantasyland).

Lastly, a question on Sipper Bottles/Souvenir cups…do they allow you to refill ones from previous years? (We have the Sorceror Mickey Mouse one) How much do they charge for refills on current Sipper Bottles/Souvenir cups that you purchase same day in the park? And do you need to show your receipt for a refill?

I’m not sure but I’d think probably not. I think you can only get refills if you are eating at that certain place - I don’t think you can just walk in and refill your cup if you aren’t. At least I haven’t tried it.

I saw a website mention a Birthday Cart located in front of the Plaza Inn Restaurant, it showed pictures of various “I spent my birthday at Disneyland” type merchandise including pins, plush, balloons, and so on and so forth. It was a great site and listed prices and everything. I forgot to add it to my favorites, does anyone know of the website? And more importantly does anyone know if this cart is still there?

Thanks a ton!