Disneyland shuttle

Hi all,

would someone know what would be the best way to get to Universal Studio from the Disneyland hotel?

I already have my tickets to universal. I saw some shuttle offers the service but only if I buy the ticket which I don’t need.

It’s not like Florida. Universal is on the north side of Los Angeles. I would rent a car. Leave DL at the wrong time of day and the trip could take 3 hours. Plan wisely.

I would imagine they have shuttle services to take you anywhere. Knotts Berry Farm is right around the corner from DL but Universal is a hike.

:pinch::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::wacko:

wow!! 3 hours…really, I was not expecting that :crying:

Thanks for the info evansfmly5.

I guess I should of google map it.

I need to be there at 9:30am on December 30, so I guess I would
need to leave at 6:30am:crying:

Is traffic high at 6:30am :crying: around that date?

I also ask Universal guest relation and this is what they answered…

Hello Alex,

Thank you for contacting Universal Studios Hollywood.

The conflicting reports you may have heard are not surprising. While traffic is not something unique to Southern California, we do elevate it to another level of unpredictability. The drive between Disney in Anaheim and our Park here in Hollywood is one of the busier stretches as it will see guests traveling from one park to the next mixed in with the normal commuting traffic. Travel times vary greatly and we typically suggest that our guests plan for at least an hour.

To be honest, the best way to get to our Park from the Disneyland hotel is with a rental car. Even just a day rental may be worth it when totaling cost and convenience given that your VIP Experience has a set start time. It would also afford some freedom at the end of the day if you wished to explore the surrounding Hollywood area.

The next best option would be a taxi, though I would research heavily. Many companies will provide quotes either online or over the phone. In this case, the concierge at your hotel may be a valuable resource as well.

Lastly, I would suggest arranging shuttle transportation through Southern California Gray Line, (Southern California Gray Line - Welcome!) a company that offers shuttle service to our Park from the Anaheim area. The biggest drawback to this option is that you are tied to their schedule and some extra legwork may need to be done to make sure that you are arriving and departing when you want to.

I hope this helps somewhat. If you should have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Michael
Guest Relations Correspondent
Universal Studios Hollywood