Disneyland Tours

Has anyone gone any of the Disneyland Tours? We are going to Disneyland in September and were thinking about taking one of the tours, it’s between Welcome to Disneyland, A Walk in Walt’s Life or Discover the Magic. I would be interested in hearing about your experiences with these tours and which tour you would pick and why.

My heir apparent and I took one a few years back. It was so so. Partly because we had been to Disneyland so many times that we knew a lot of what she was telling us. The biggest problem is trying to hear our tour guide over all the background noise. They’ve fixed that, know, so everybody has headsets that the tour guide speaks through her microphone. I’m not sure it’s worth the $$ unless you have never been and want to learn about the odd things in a group setting. But I suspect you can either read about it through books or on threads here. :pirate:

Thanks for the advice

We have done one of the Disneyland tours…twice. I grew up in Orange County and have been to Disneyland many…MANY times and I still enjoyed it. We did the tour once, just the two of us and then again, with the boys and extended family. I’ll have to look at the tours again as I think the names of the tours have changed slightly since we toured but the one we took was the one that included a peek at Club 33. :slight_smile: We even enjoyed the little lunch that was included. Of course, we may have just been really hungry…:laugh::laugh:

We also really enjoyed the Segway tour at DCA…but I just looked and it isn’t listed:crying: So, maybe they don’t offer it anymore.

I also looked at the descriptions of the tours that they do offer. I believe we took the Walk in Walt’s Footsteps tour. It doesn’t mention lunch or Club 33 so, if you are thinking of taking the tour, I’d double check.:happy:

[QUOTE=Peppertink;1074866]We have done one of the Disneyland tours…twice. I grew up in Orange County and have been to Disneyland many…MANY times and I still enjoyed it. We did the tour once, just the two of us and then again, with the boys and extended family. I’ll have to look at the tours again as I think the names of the tours have changed slightly since we toured but the one we took was the one that included a peek at Club 33. :slight_smile: We even enjoyed the little lunch that was included. Of course, we may have just been really hungry…:laugh::laugh:

We also really enjoyed the Segway tour at DCA…but I just looked and it isn’t listed:crying: So, maybe they don’t offer it anymore.

I also looked at the descriptions of the tours that they do offer. I believe we took the Walk in Walt’s Footsteps tour. It doesn’t mention lunch or Club 33 so, if you are thinking of taking the tour, I’d double check.:happy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help. A walk in Walt’s Footsteps does stop at Club 33 according to the book I have. I thought it would be interesting to see what Club 33 looks like since I probably will never get a chance to eat there. We took a Segway Tour last November through Epcot when we were in Disney so I really wasn’t interested in that tour. Plus it starts at 7:30 in the morning and I don’t think I want to get up that early.

The Walk in Walt’s Footsteps is what we took. We got to go inside the door to the lobby, where the elevator was discussed. Everyone was impressed that my Heir Apparent had eaten at Club 33 (twice) Our tour ended with a small luncheon in the patio of the Gallery located adjacent to Club 33. The Gallery is now moved, so I don’t know if they do the lunch or not.

Twice?! Poo! I’ve only dined there once:closedeye:laugh:

We, too, enjoyed our lunch in the patio of the Gallery before it was closed. The second time we enjoyed our lunch in the little garden/patio that is near where they sell the tours.

I only had the enjoyment of dining there one time myself. If it makes you feel better, the second time was a bust for everyone EXCEPT Erik, who scored with ordering the Shrimp. The menu items were a bit of a let down apparently. But I will say that NAPA ROSE is a better dining experience than Club 33. And it pains me to say that… =( :pirate: