Disneyquest...is admission free?

My brother told me that DQ admission was free with park tickets but the website says 40 bucks…anyone know the story?

We’ve had the free upgrade on our tickets with discount code before, perhaps that is what your brother is referring to.

It is part of the Water Park and More option!!!

MomBee is right. i just looked at our hopper’s and it’s the Water Park & More option. It says regular admission to all 4 parks, plus from 2-10 addmissions to the water parks, DisneyQuest and Pleasure Island. (not that there’s much pleasure left over there).

I guess that means we have up to 10 seperate admissions to do the other attractions.

Got it…so if I want to go to DQ and don’t want to pay admission, I have to add the waterparks and more option.

Thanks!!!

Yep… i think you’d just have to add the Water parks + option. I remember when we were booking, our agent told us it was like $2 extra a day or some ridiculously small amount to do it. So we just went with it.

Fee is a flat rate, something like $50 per person to add-on but the breakdown rate is based on how days you stay. 2 days is $25 per day, 5 days it’s $10 per day and so on. Similar to hopper add-ons except water & more is X amt of visits during the stay and hoppers is every day of the stay.

Something i’m wondering though is a couple of weeks ago a CM told me the water & more was good for 14 days past purchase. Now, if we get a 5 day park tic, and use it within the first 5 days, is the water & more still good on the 6th day since we’re purchasing X amt of visits during our stay?

So my family and I didn’t get the waterparks added to our tickets because we don’t plan on going to them. So, do we have to purchase the tickets right at the disney quest place if we want to go or do we have to do that in advance?

That’s a great question. I’d imagine you could buy tickets when you checked in. We bought our MNSSHP tickets at our check-in. If i remember correctly from last year, when we went to DisneyQuest we just swiped our room card at the entry. Our room key was rigged with all that hopper pass/Pleasure Island/DisneyQuest goodness when we checked in.

I can’t honestly remember if there was a place to buy tickets there?

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;988915]Fee is a flat rate, something like $50 per person to add-on but the breakdown rate is based on how days you stay. 2 days is $25 per day, 5 days it’s $10 per day and so on. Similar to hopper add-ons except water & more is X amt of visits during the stay and hoppers is every day of the stay.

Something i’m wondering though is a couple of weeks ago a CM told me the water & more was good for 14 days past purchase. Now, if we get a 5 day park tic, and use it within the first 5 days, is the water & more still good on the 6th day since we’re purchasing X amt of visits during our stay?[/QUOTE]

The WP option is good for 14 days from the first use, unless you purchased the non-expiring ticket. If you got a 5 day pass then you should have 5 options to use, as long as you use them within 14 days of first use. in other words, you could purchase a 5 day with Wp otion and technically have something to do for 10 days!! Did that make any sense?

Um, yeah well sorta. I get the usage within 14 days part, what I’m not solid on is if I get a 5 day tic and WPM do I have to use the WPM within the same 5 days my base tic is used. Ex., we arrive on Friday- get our tics and use DQ Fri night but don’t use our park tics till Sat & the next 5 consec days after. Once the 5 day tics are “used up” can we still use the other 4 WPM passes as long as it’s within the 14 day window. The way the CM explained it that’s what we could do, but still not so sure about it. I just don’t want to activate it from DQ and lose a park day because of it.
Boy I sure do miss LoS passes. It was cut & dry. Everything was good from the first day till the last.

Went back and re-read your post. Got it! Thanks.

If you have the “water parks and more” option as a pass, then yes you can use that to get in for “free”. Otherwise, you pay…