Disney's A Christmas Carol...the train tour

Yesterday the train for A Christmas Carol came to our area. It was about 20 mins. away.

We got there around 10:30 a.m. It was drizzling and overcast, but we were excited to be there. Everyone was in good spirits and the people in line waiting to board the train were friendly and talkative. We joked about there being a fast pass line and shared stories about trips to WDW.

I was happy to find all of the volunteers pleasant as well as everything running very smoothly. There were some short lines, but we only waited about 15 mins. or so.

We enjoyed the train, there were 4 or 5 cars we went through. Each car had different aspect of the film making process, costumes, digital, computer technology, interviews with the actors and directors, plus much more.

At the end there was an area where you could morph you face into one of the characters. Ours came out weird, though.

We also got to enjoy a 3-D, sneak-peek at the film. We got to see 2 different scenes, and from what I saw, I think it’s going to be really great. The animated characters really look like the actual actors.

We also enjoyed a demonstration about train and rail safety where DS got to try a simulator where he got to be the engineer.

Overall it was a pleasant morning and I am really glad that we went.

Now on to the pics.

Before we got on the train.

Santa was there.

and we enjoyed carolers while we waited.

All aboard! Ebenezer Scrooge.

Some costumes.

More concept art from scenes throughout the film.

Masks…

Models…

How they made the animated characters so realistic.

The final car, Scrooge’s living room.

Waiting on our sneak peek.

That looks amazing…can hardly wait to see it!

It was amazing! Is it coming to your area? There are only 10 stops left. It ends up in Grand Central Station on Oct. 30-Nov. 1.

Anyone who has the opportunity to go, I recommend it.

How did you find out where it was?! That looks awesome!

WOW… looks like alot of fun… how did you find out about it?

It was so cool. I got an e-mail back in Aug. some time.

Here is some info.

A Christmas Carol Train Tour | Disney

It is on it’s way to NC next followed by Savannah, GA.

Here are the dates and stops that are left:

34 Spencer October 9-11 NC Transportation Museum
35 Savannah October 13 Savannah Amtrak Station
36 Miami October 16-18 Gold Coast Railroad Museum
37 Jacksonville October 20 Jacksonville Amtrak Station 3570
38 Charleston October 23-25 Ansonborough Field
39 Philadelphia October 27 30th Street Station
40 New York October 30 -November 1 Grand Central Terminal

It was fun, lots of neat, new technology.

[QUOTE=timkelmom;997392]It was so cool. I got an e-mail back in Aug. some time.

Here is some info.

A Christmas Carol Train Tour | Disney

It is on it’s way to NC next followed by Savannah, GA.

Here are the dates and stops that are left:

34 Spencer October 9-11 NC Transportation Museum
[/QUOTE]

This is our stop this weekend. We are excited to go. It’s amazing how many physical props and models and costumes are made for a “computer animated” movie of this type.

do you think this is something a two and 3 yr old would enjoy? it’ll be in our neck of the woods. rose may love riding a train… i may have to leave work early. was there a lot of people?

Glad you got to enjoy the train. :laugh:

It stormed when it was in New Orleans, and we missed it because the train and the theater had to close. We got to the train and thought that we would wait for the rain to pass, but after it did, the theater had to close because the roof caved with the water weight and the train closed because mud and fire ants had been tracked throughout the train. We did at least get to see the outside…not as entertaining as inside though… They opened up the train the next day, but we had other obligations.:eek:

Thanks for posting that! We will be going to the one in Savannah on the 13th