Disney's Art of Animation Resort

So has anyone thoughts about this new Resort? Lostboy wants to book our rooms here. He has WDW fever again…actually I think he has had it since he planned the trip to take Lisa :heart:

Hi, Tink!

I am booked to stay here in August. I watch for updates on this resort constantly. I like the idea of a family suite with a separate master suite for alone time. For me that means getting away from my daughter and her friends for a little while. Not that they are bad kids, it’s just a break may be required and it’s nice to know I will be able to do that.

Well I did not even know this was being built…shame on me. But Lostboy said this morning he wanted to stay here in the Lion King Room. I have been thinking so much about his plans and right now I have decided not to say anything else to Melvin. It end up that we have to “kidnap” him for this, because he is dead set against letting the kids pay anything at all for us to go to WDW.

Totally kidnap him…:laugh:

here’s some links

New Art of Animation Resort Details (AllEars® Team Blog)

Art of Animation Resort Walt Disney World

some great pictures

MouseSteps - 1/23 Disney’s Art of Animation Resort - Crush Revealed, Signage Being Installed & GF DVC Villa Pics

Enjoy!

It looks amazing… I can not believe it is a value resort but looking at those prices wow…really great deal.

I’m so pleased that Disney is finally acknowledging that “family” doesn’t mean two adults/two children and that not everyone can afford a deluxe resort or villa. This place looks amazing.

:heart::heart::heart: I hear ya

i like the looks of this resort but pricy… asm is cheaper for a suite…

[QUOTE=Dana;1100640]here’s some links

New Art of Animation Resort Details (AllEars® Team Blog)

Art of Animation Resort Walt Disney World

some great pictures

MouseSteps - 1/23 Disney’s Art of Animation Resort - Crush Revealed, Signage Being Installed & GF DVC Villa Pics

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

WOW! Thanks for the pictures!
I think if we ever stay in WDW resort, this would be our priority!
Love love love the Little Mermaid room! :heart:

It’s not like it’s totally new.
This is the repurposed Pop Century - The Abandoned Years that has been sitting partly built since 2002.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1100692]It’s not like it’s totally new.
This is the repurposed Pop Century - The Abandoned Years that has been sitting partly built since 2002.[/QUOTE]

Is it the one they never finished…or is it the one that was open?

The Abandoned Years is the half that they never finished building.
The 1900-1949 half. I think it was supposed to be “The Golden Years” while the second half of the 20th Century - 1950-1999 - is The Classic Years.

It is the one that was not finished. I am looking forward to it being open but I have no clue when we will be able to stay there.

Yes, exactly and that they are not making it look nor feel like the poor cousin of the resorts. I think it looks amazing and will be a great resort.