Disney's Aulani Resort, Oahu, Hawaii

We were lucky enough to get a first hand look and guided tour of Disney’s Aulani Resort today. We headed out not knowing what to expect. We found the resort just about 30 miles west of Honolulu in a beautiful area called Ko Olina. The resort sits on its own lagoon. As soon as we spotted the fantastic architecture we knew we had found it. And right outside the entrance was a DVC booth that we all could recognize. A nice girl came over and directed us to the Disney office across the street. We headed there not knowing what to expect, but were greeted by a wonderful lady named Judy; she arranged for us to have a tour even though it is still formally a construction site. We were so excited.

First we had to “suit up” because it’s still a working site.

We took a golf cart to the site (note the DVC hardhats)

We weren’t allowed to take some outside pictures, but here’s some we were, of the Lazy River, the courtyard and murals of Hawaiian chants.

The inside of the suite to come tomorrow!

I am sitting here ooohing and aaahing! More LLama:laugh: Thanks for posting.

WOW! That looks like the Polynesian on steroids…lol Can’t wait to see the inside shots. Thanks for posting them llama.

Looks beautiful!! Can’t wait to see more of it!

Wow that looks so great- looking forward to seeing more thanks Janice.

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!! :smile:

How beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing, can’t wait to see the inside!!

Only a true Disney fan would go to Hawaii, where there is no Disney… and scope out Disney. Thank you for the pictures. What a fun part to your trip!

Not only did I scope it out - I had a tear in my eye when the DVC girl said “Welcome Home!” Here are some pics of the inside - now, I’ve got to get to the pool. Aloha!

Love the Hawaiian print quilt on the bed!!

Beautiful! :wub:

Oh my gosh! How beautiful!
I hope someday…:slight_smile:

WOW!!! Thank you so much for the pics and doing the investigative “hard” work of us MBers. It is beautiful! I hope you are having a great vacation.

LOVE!!! :wub:

We just got back last week. I was invited to come tour the grounds last Tuesday and It looks like they got even more done since then. The one room past the kitchen was not even put together yet on Tuesday. Did you go see the Black Pearl next door?

Aloha

Steve

Thanks for posting, Llama. The resort looks SPECTACULAR!!! I can’t wait to stay there. :wub:

[QUOTE=Tikiman;1076528]We just got back last week. I was invited to come tour the grounds last Tuesday and It looks like they got even more done since then. The one room past the kitchen was not even put together yet on Tuesday. Did you go see the Black Pearl next door?

Aloha

Steve[/QUOTE]

They had completed the suite the morning of the day we took the tour!

We did see the Black Pearl! Here’s a picture!

[QUOTE=llama;1076561]They had completed the suite the morning of the day we took the tour!

We did see the Black Pearl! Here’s a picture![/QUOTE]

Oh wow that’s such a great photo!

[QUOTE=llama;1076561]They had completed the suite the morning of the day we took the tour!

We did see the Black Pearl! Here’s a picture![/QUOTE]

Almost looks like my pic…haha :pirate:

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/images/stories/news/aIMGP0043.jpg

So cool! Thanks for sharing!!